2020 Recruiting

gtrower

Dodd-Like
And when is the last time - or how long has it been that we can directly credit a punter for winning a game.
I understand the point you’re making, but for the sake of conversation I remember Durant Brooks balling out in a low scoring game against UNC at home around the ‘06/‘07 timeframe.

Edit: Looked it up. ‘07 and higher scoring than I remember. Won 27-25. Brooks had punts of 46, 54, 77, and 63. Still remember the 77 yarder. Flipped field from inside our own 10 to pinning them back. Huge play at the time. UNC returner was standing around the 50 and ran back to the 30 before giving up and watching it bounce down to the 15.

Last edited:

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I think @00Burdell in fact was talking about how we CAN credit Presley Harvin for the win. Simply saying when was the last time?

Before last Saturday that is.
Thank you - that is exactly what I was trying to point out. Its pretty unusual to give a punter the game ball - and, as many have correctly pointed out, we have had some incredible punters.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Wells has a year left. Smart to get a PWO and let him work to earn a scholly by that time. Seems like a great kid too.
Trevor is a Punter. Ranked as the #53 punter by Kohls and a 4.5*. We already have another PWO commited, Steven Verdisco also from Florida. Steven is ranked #45 kicker (5*) and #38 punter (4.5*) by Kohls. Trevor, Steven, and Tucker Gleason are all good friends I believe. (Tucker and Trevor are teammates)

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
And when is the last time - or how long has it been that we can directly credit a punter for winning a game.

[edited to point out that I mean before PH III's performance against Miami]
Maybe that game against highly-ranked Miami, under Gailey, about 15 years ago when our punter crushed a 70 yarder to flip the field from deep in our own territory. I think we won a low-scoring game and that was one of a few clutch punts.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I dunno if this has been posted. Defensive end. No real moves yet, but motor. Would not surprise me if he stars on special teams. Of course, everyone wants guys like this to be the next Chase Winovich.
"

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’d just like to say I have total confidence in an exceptional coaching staff.

Collins, Key, Choice, Coleman, et. al. Will finish top 30 this February.

The transfers coming in are bad-ass.

Our lines of scrimmage will become HEAVY, deep and speed.

Collins will win an ACCCG by 2023. And GT will make CFB Pkayoffs.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
I’d just like to say I have total confidence in an exceptional coaching staff.

Collins, Key, Choice, Coleman, et. al. Will finish top 30 this February.

The transfers coming in are bad-ass.

Our lines of scrimmage will become HEAVY, deep and speed.

Collins will win an ACCCG by 2023. And GT will make CFB Pkayoffs.
My body is ready

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Arik Gilbert commits to LSU. Big miss for the dwags on the top TE in the country and #2 recruit in GA.
I don't blame him, I'd want to play in that new LSU offense too instead of getting blanked through 3 quarters by Kentucky because coach won't call a pass play in the rain. UGA is literally the worst and dumbest thing on the planet.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Arik Gilbert commits to LSU. Big miss for the dwags on the top TE in the country and #2 recruit in GA.
Smart move by the young man. I mean, who would you prefer to be your coach? A loser who sells Dr. Pepper and has a card at Hair Cuttery or Ed effing Orgeron however the hell you spell it. Orgeron is a man. Kirby is undercooked pizza dough with a bad haircut.