2020 Recruiting

Put me down for... JACKED that N8 will be a Jacket. This kid is the real deal.

My favorite possession receiver of my 4 decades of GT football was Jonathan Smith. I knew the minute he signed that he was a stud in the making. If you aren't sure who JS is, google it. Kid was money.

N8 has the same potential.

I'm starting to be officially glad that I have decided to give CGC some rope. He has, thus far, used it wisely.

And when is the last time - or how long has it been that we can directly credit a punter for winning a game.

[edited to point out that I mean before PH III's performance against Miami]

Last year vs UVA - PJ's last home game - A beautiful Harvin punt pinned the Cadavers inside the 5 yard line. Next play, we got a safety. The ensuing safety kickoff, we took back for 7 more pts.

Harvin almost literally scored 9 pts for us that game, which we won by 3.

I think we would like 2 DTs, but are also looking to get a LB and/or DE and another CB. Probably sign 26 or so.

I think Johnny Majors signed about 75 kids his first year at Pitt, if that's what it takes to do a complete rebuild successfully we need to be all in. And J. Gibbs is our Tony Dorsett!

Put me down for... JACKED that N8 will be a Jacket. This kid is the real deal.

My favorite possession receiver of my 4 decades of GT football was Jonathan Smith. I knew the minute he signed that he was a stud in the making. If you aren't sure who JS is, google it. Kid was money.

N8 has the same potential.

I'm starting to be officially glad that I have decided to give CGC some rope. He has, thus far, used it wisely.

Harvey Middleton was pretty good too at about the same point in our rebuild from B*** ***** to the O’Leary years.

Last year vs UVA - PJ's last home game - A beautiful Harvin punt pinned the Cadavers inside the 5 yard line. Next play, we got a safety. The ensuing safety kickoff, we took back for 7 more pts.

Harvin almost literally scored 9 pts for us that game, which we won by 3.

CPJ went for 2 after the return. 10 pts. Also using “almost literally” in a sentence may be the more impressive achievement.

I think Johnny Majors signed about 75 kids his first year at Pitt, if that's what it takes to do a complete rebuild successfully we need to be all in. And J. Gibbs is our Tony Dorsett!

True.

Something like that but rules would not allow now.

Found this interesting. Mich St reporting they were hoping to flip Meiguez, then he cancelled the OV.

https://spartanavenue.com/2019/10/24/michigan-state-football-trending-3-star-georgia-tech-lb-commit/

Ehh. I dont think they had much of a shot. He was reportedly going along with one of his teammates. You never know, I guess. He is very juiced about the McCollum commitment and was sending out teasers beforehand. I think the Sparty writers just think they should be able to easily flip our guys because they aren't hip to the new GT.

Last edited:
Ehh. I dont think they had much of a shot. He was reportedly going along with one of his teammates. You never know, I guess. He is very juiced about the McCollum commitment and was sending out teasers beforehand. I think the Sparty writers just think they should be able to easily flip our guys because they aren't hip to the new GT.

3ehlcl.jpg

Meiguez is rock solid and he's probably gonna end up bringing Khatavian Franks with him (if we have room).

Last edited:
Meiguez is rock solid and he's probably gonna end up bringing Khatavian Franks with him (if we have room).

So what do we do with Franks? Serious question, not a skeptical one.

OLB? CB? WR?

He looks like a safety to me, but I have not seen Creekside use him there.

Back