2020 Recruiting

Shoulde we be interested in Joey Gatewood, the 4 star QB from Auburn, who just entered the transfer portal?

I dont see it unless he has a good waiver case I dont know about. We needed qb help yesterday, not 2021 (hopefully)

Last edited:
I dont see it unless he has a good waiver case I dont know about. We needed qb help yesterday, not 2021 (hopefully)

We need QB help both yesterday and in 2021. We would take him in a heartbeat even if he had to sit.

not a scholly so not a number.
I like him. I like his tape and I like him as a teammate. I think he will play. Deep snap, yes. If he grows he'll get real center snaps. If he stays around 265 he'll get fullback snaps and you dinosaurs will be appeased.

Breakdown later, but first glance is he is quick off the snap and gets hands on you low and inside.

I’m not even sure what number this is they come in so fast it seems. Someone else can do the official welcome thread.

He's a PWO so it doesn't count towards those numbers. But FWIW, we have 23 scholarship commits right now.

FSU has 2 LB recruits that I would love to "flip". One does have an offer from us.

FSU has 2 LB recruits that I would love to "flip". One does have an offer from us.

Which ones? We’ve either missed or passed on 3/4 guys at MLB that looked likely to end up at Tech at one point or another in this cycle. Would be nice to have another quality target surface.

I’m not even sure what number this is they come in so fast it seems. Someone else can do the official welcome thread.

Based on his highlights (which only shows flattering footage, I'm sure), he seems to be a really high motor player. He's downfield blocking the second level of defenders with regularity and is playing through the whistle. I like what I saw on the footage. Hopefully he will continue to improve under Brent Key and co.

Which ones? We’ve either missed or passed on 3/4 guys at MLB that looked likely to end up at Tech at one point or another in this cycle. Would be nice to have another quality target surface.

Stephen Dix JR is a 4 star that has an offer from us. 6-2, 210 OLB.

BTW, I have no idea if he is even possible. I just think it is a position of need so I looked at their recruits.

Mmmmm... That length!

6'6" and he can almost touch his toes without bending over.

Almost the same measurables as Michael Johnson. He got shredded from 215 lbs in high school to 6'7" 260 lbs before getting drafted in the 4th.

Michael-Johnson.jpg

If we were still taking LB, Romello wouldn't be committed to Miami.
Yeah, although fluid situations change. Everyone should remember we play a base D with 2 LB's now, so we need less.

Once upon a time a program short of talent would sign a bunch of lb's cuz flexibility. Use them where needed. Special teams, te, grow them todl or shrink them to s.

Today the approach is to balance the roster with players already at or close to prototype size.

Needing so many ol and dl has really whacked out this recruiting class.

Yeah, although fluid situations change. Everyone should remember we play a base D with 2 LB's now, so we need less.

Once upon a time a program short of talent would sign a bunch of lb's cuz flexibility. Use them where needed. Special teams, te, grow them todl or shrink them to s.

Today the approach is to balance the roster with players already at or close to prototype size.

Needing so many ol and dl has really whacked out this recruiting class.

Yeah, I appreciate we don't need a lot of LBs but we still seem short. Do you (anyone?) think that some of the players listed as DE are really OLB? That might explain some roster stuff. This staff seems to want to collect extra safeties instead of LBs

DT is the biggest need right now.

Many feel Khatavian Franks will be in GT's 2020 class, fwiw.

Back