2020 Recruiting

one in five
giphy.gif

Asked this on another thread

Recruiting - is it up to a level where we can stay on the field with UGA any time in the foreseeable future or will they simply continue to run us off the field?

I think most would agree that the only glaring hole so far in the 2020 recruiting cycle is at DT. There is still time to rectify that. All remaining needs within this class appear to be on the defensive side of the ball. I think we are trending in the right direction from both a recruiting and player development perspective. Improved nutrition, coaching and the strength staff will all help us in that regard as well. We will get there...but as was previously stated it will take more than one recruiting cycle.

Recruiting - is it up to a level where we can stay on the field with UGA any time in the foreseeable future or will they simply continue to run us off the field?

If it makes you feel better, when we historically have competed with them evenly, we did so at a recruiting disadvantage. We do not need superior talent to beat them; we just need to be in the conversation.

I don't think we have any idea of our high water recruiting mark with this crew. Georgie is going to start having trouble getting the classes they have gotten in the last decade. More competition.

We could wind up with better recruiting than them in the years ahead. If we get to that, we'll be running a train on them.

19, 26, 16, 18, 17 : the Rivals ranking of South Carolina's last 5 recruiting classes. They beat em with bad coaching too.

19, 26, 16, 18, 17 : the Rivals ranking of South Carolina's last 5 recruiting classes. They beat em with bad coaching too.
How could a moron like Muschamp real in that many Top 25 classes? Is it perhaps that high school kids have been brainwashed by the pro-SEC media?

And, just like in the other thread, I’ll respond thusly:

Take that öööö back to the dwag rant.

If it makes you feel better, when we historically have competed with them evenly, we did so at a recruiting disadvantage. We do not need superior talent to beat them; we just need to be in the conversation.

I don't think we have any idea of our high water recruiting mark with this crew. Georgie is going to start having trouble getting the classes they have gotten in the last decade. More competition.

We could wind up with better recruiting than them in the years ahead. If we get to that, we'll be running a train on them.
Recruiting, coupled with new and more liberal transfer policies, will likely change the whole roster management process in ways we cannot predict yet. I think you will see better players gravitating to the better programs in their sophomore or junior years. Mass confusion, but an opportunity for some of the "have-nots" to make big advances with respect to talent.

Recruiting, coupled with new and more liberal transfer policies, will likely change the whole roster management process in ways we cannot predict yet. I think you will see better players gravitating to the better programs in their sophomore or junior years. Mass confusion, but an opportunity for some of the "have-nots" to make big advances with respect to talent.
Only our players won't get immediate PT

Back