2020 Recruiting

A lot of moving pieces in recruiting, especially this close to the signing period. This one moved one way, so up to our guys to move another our way. Hard to judge anything in a vacuum. We’ll have to see where the final class ends.

Don't take this as a "Didn't want him. Didn't fit our system...." post, but I always scratched my head about Turner. It is obvious that Geoff values length a lot at db, and I don't think Turner has that length. When the corners are 2 or 3 inches taller than you, what is your future at safety?

Would not surprise me if Nathan, who did not particularly have length himself as a player, pressed hard for Turner, and Geoff said yes but never warmed to him.

Whatever happened, I wish Turner well in the future, as long as he does not sign with the Correctional Institute to the east.

Last edited:
I don't follow recruiting nearly as closely as some on here, but just looking through mentions of him ITT, looks like the writing was on the wall at least a couple weeks ago re: Turner.

A lot of moving pieces in recruiting, especially this close to the signing period. This one moved one way, so up to our guys to move another our way. Hard to judge anything in a vacuum. We’ll have to see where the final class ends.

At this time last year, Collins was forced to be a one man wrecking crew. Imagine him during this period with a full staff tugging together.

Back