2021 Recruiting

I'm very happy with the class so far. Would I like more 4-star rated player? Sure, but who wouldn't. I can honestly see the appeal of each and every guy, plus how they fit in with our team.

Also, this will likely be the hardest evaluation year possibly ever for college recruiters. I trust our guys who do this professionally to know what they want and give out offers based on that.

I'm happy too. I think we really got hurt by the lack of on-campus visits in the Spring. That really helped us build relationships and enthusiasm last year. We are still building a brand and getting those touchpoints with recruits is more important for us than some of the other programs we are battling for recruits right now. Even with that, we've put together a good class. Hopefully, we can land/flip a couple of big-timers down the stretch at the LB and DT positions.

I'm happy too. I think we really got hurt by the lack of on-campus visits in the Spring. That really helped us build relationships and enthusiasm last year. We are still building a brand and getting those touchpoints with recruits is more important for us than some of the other programs we are battling for recruits right now. Even with that, we've put together a good class. Hopefully, we can land/flip a couple of big-timers down the stretch at the LB and DT positions.
Would love to start getting the Keyaron Fox and Daryl Smith’s of the world back to GT. Phillip Wheeler, Brooking, etc...

We used to be quite awesome at hoarding linebackers and DE’s.

Bias notwithstanding, are there really 7 ACC teams with a better group of recruits than us?

So the incredible gains we have made over the last two years have only allowed us to move up 5 spots or so in the ACC?

Do you agree with that or are we getting shortchanged by the rating gurus?

Clemson, UNC, FSU, Miami are locks to finish above us.

UL, Pitt, NCSU are likely to finish above us and pretty clearly have better classes right now.

We have a good chance for the 8 spot though. And could pick off one of the above group if we have a few surprises down the stretch.

For reference since 2015 we’ve finished 8th, 11th, 9th, 8th, 9th, 5th in the ACC.

We are 5th in the ACC on Rivals and 22nd overall. And that is with four 2-stars, at least 2 of which are unlikely to stay 2's.

Clemson, UNC, FSU, Miami are locks to finish above us.

UL, Pitt, NCSU are likely to finish above us and pretty clearly have better classes right now.

We have a good chance for the 8 spot though. And could pick off one of the above group if we have a few surprises down the stretch.

For reference since 2015 we’ve finished 8th, 11th, 9th, 8th, 9th, 5th in the ACC.

Not sure you can say Pitt, and NCSU have clearly better classes than us right now. We are well ahead of both on rivals and they both have a lot of those 5.5 types. Even if you're really trusting the 247 composite, their average isn't really far ahead of ours. 86 vs 85.5? Meh. It's pretty much due to taking a punter and a flyer on a giant, unknown DT. Those 2 drag our average down in a big way there, but I would compare the meat of our class favorably against Pitt and NC St.

On Rivals, it really looks like we will finish either 5th or 6th in the ACC. FSU probably passes us, but we have a chance to catch Louisville.

Last edited:
Not sure you can say Pitt, and NCSU have clearly better classes than us right now. We are well ahead of both on rivals and they both have a lot of those 5.5 types. Even if you're really trusting the 247 composite, their average isn't really far ahead of ours. 86 vs 85.5? Meh. It's pretty much due to taking a punter and a flyer on a giant, unknown DT. Those 2 drag our average down in a big way there, but I would compare the meat of our class favorably against Pitt and NC St.

On Rivals, it really looks like we will finish either 5th or 6th in the ACC. FSU probably passes us, but we have a chance to catch Louisville.

I go by 247 composite yes. Used to like Rivals, but that was due to ease of reading their cleaner website more than anything. Their rating system is wonky to me. That being said if we finish 10 spots higher on Rivals then I’d have no problem with CGC marketing that as our actual finish to sell the hype.

I doubt we finish higher than 8th on 247 composite. Just based on who we have and the targets we know about. Don’t know about Rivals. Looks like 5-10 will be tightly clustered.

Pitt has 2 4* DLs and is about to get another. Id swap classes with them right now.

I go by 247 composite yes. Used to like Rivals, but that was due to ease of reading their cleaner website more than anything. Their rating system is wonky to me. That being said if we finish 10 spots higher on Rivals then I’d have no problem with CGC marketing that as our actual finish to sell the hype.

I doubt we finish higher than 8th on 247 composite. Just based on who we have and the targets we know about. Don’t know about Rivals. Looks like 5-10 will be tightly clustered.

Pitt has 2 4* DLs and is about to get another. Id swap classes with them right now.

I'd probably trade for the Donald kid for sure! But the overall class, nah.

Okay, apparently this week is the 2021 Rivals update. So should see some movement in the composite one way or another.

How is there such a discrepancy between site rankings? 247 has us 37th and Rivals has us 25th.

How is there such a discrepancy between site rankings? 247 has us 37th and Rivals has us 25th.

247 has a lot of the teams that will inevitably pass us in Rivals already ahead of us in theirs. We’re trending towards a 35ish ranked class on both sites.

Bias notwithstanding, are there really 7 ACC teams with a better group of recruits than us?

So the incredible gains we have made over the last two years have only allowed us to move up 5 spots or so in the ACC?

Do you agree with that or are we getting shortchanged by the rating gurus?
they won't sell that many more subscriptions

TE Commit Ben Postma asking for votes.

TE Commit Ben Postma asking for votes.

Done and spread around

Back