2021 Recruiting

Ironically, when you go to his profile on Northwestern’s roster, you see this. Is it a sign?
1609191247379.png

Grayson plays Collins Hill in the 7A State Championship Wednesday at 7pm. You can watch for free if you download the GPB Sports app. 2021 signees Collins and Haynes play for Grayson (and unsigned, current commit Sagar) plus I’m sure several targets for future classes.

Grayson plays Collins Hill in the 7A State Championship Wednesday at 7pm. You can watch for free if you download the GPB Sports app. 2021 signees Collins and Haynes play for Grayson (and unsigned, current commit Sagar) plus I’m sure several targets for future classes.

CGC needs to be there!

So when should we expect the transfers to stop pouring in? Is there any legitimate hope with the Iowa and Florida State guys previously mentioned?

I am trying to temper my own excitement I guess? Since I've never seen anything like this and each new body we yank out of the portal makes me more and more excited for the next two seasons.

So when should we expect the transfers to stop pouring in? Is there any legitimate hope with the Iowa and Florida State guys previously mentioned?

I am trying to temper my own excitement I guess? Since I've never seen anything like this and each new body we yank out of the portal makes me more and more excited for the next two seasons.
Good question. I've never seen anything like this either. I think there is an underlying message - I'll try to put my finger on what I think it is.

So we just put together two very good classes so that would tend to justify a "we are still rebuilding" party line from the staff. But I am reminded of the comment Coach Key made when he took the job - wtte "I didn't come here to play small ball." So all this tells me that the staff is NOT willing to wait for the rebuilding process to complete - they want wins and they want them now. I think the transfers will continue until the staff feels like they have depth across the roster with the caliber of guys they have been recruiting. So I expect this to continue for at least another year.

Good question. I've never seen anything like this either. I think there is an underlying message - I'll try to put my finger on what I think it is.

So we just put together two very good classes so that would tend to justify a "we are still rebuilding" party line from the staff. But I am reminded of the comment Coach Key made when he took the job - wtte "I didn't come here to play small ball." So all this tells me that the staff is NOT willing to wait for the rebuilding process to complete - they want wins and they want them now. I think the transfers will continue until the staff feels like they have depth across the roster with the caliber of guys they have been recruiting. So I expect this to continue for at least another year.
I view this very similarly, but from a slightly different perspective. So far Collins has pulled together two great recruiting classes. There is momentum on that front, but ‘22 has the potential to vault GT into another recruiting realm entirely. However, in order to get that type of elite class, I think we have to show progress on the field in the form of W’s. The transfers give us the best opportunity to do that by building immediate depth at key positions.

Also, I think Collins is just plain tired of losing. Have to believe he wants a team that can punch Narduzzi in the face next year.

This is unique because the rules are unique right now. Never been this way before. It is like when pro sports went from the reserve clause model to the free agency model.

We will continue to accept transfers until the individual transfer no longer helps us.

One mod to the above. It is not just the recruiting that shows we are serious. It is the two years of doing things how we do things. I imagine there has been a text or two from our players to interested players with words to the effect of, "Yeah, its real."

Back