2021 Recruiting

If he's not tired of losing he should be fired.
Reported.
I think so, but keep in mind Maryland only played 5 games and he played in 3 of them. 19 tackles in 3 games would put him on a similar pace to his previous season.
I keep forgetting Maryland plays in the B1G now (and also that they exist) so I did not look in on them this year at all, nor realize they played so few games. I'll take 19 tackles in 3 games every day of the week.

Reported.

I keep forgetting Maryland plays in the B1G now (and also that they exist) so I did not look in on them this year at all, nor realize they played so few games. I'll take 19 tackles in 3 games every day of the week.

That's 6.3 tackles per game. David Curry had 8.4 tackles per game. He had at least 6 tackles in every game except Clemson.

That's 6.3 tackles per game. David Curry had 8.4 tackles per game. He had at least 6 tackles in every game except Clemson.
Curry is gone. It would also be interesting to see where those tackles were made. I actually like Curry and felt he caught too much grief but he was often making stops downfield rather than in the hole.

Curry was very productive. But not necessarily disruptive. A steady and durable player who played just about every down because who else was going to? It would not be a horrible thing to divvy up Curry's tackles between Eley and a couple of RS freshmen LB's.

It is good we are getting an experienced guy that can likely replace Curry. If he is better then that is gravy and depth should be better next year. Defense isn’t one player away; it needs to be a little better at every position and a lot better at a few. Healthy Swilling, Carpenter and Clayton could be huge.

This guy is not necessarily being penciled in as a starter. Tyson Meiguez and others will have a lot to say about who is playing MLB.

Glad someone in the know validated my thinking on this. If the coaches want him I'm glad to get him, but the level we're aiming for here should not see PT slipping at Maryland.

We have Quez, Meiguez, Franks, and Tatum, all of whom have a shot to start, and more depth BTL.

Glad someone in the know validated my thinking on this. If the coaches want him I'm glad to get him, but the level we're aiming for here should not see PT slipping at Maryland.

We have Quez, Meiguez, Franks, and Tatum, all of whom have a shot to start, and more depth BTL.
We should be subbing a lot. Starting is meaningless. Hopefully we will have 5-6 LB's who are interchangeable with little drop off. It would be nice to keep players fresh by being able to sub and not lose much production.

Tatum will be a true frosh who is coming off a knee injury that sidelined him for his entire senior season. The chances of him starting are zero and it will be a win if we can get him some snaps on ST before RSing him.

Are we actually pursuing anymore 2021 recruits or content with filling the rest of the roster through transfers given the relaxed rules around that for next season?

Back