2021 Recruiting

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We also have competent OL now.
I hope so but there have been all sorts of crappy o-lines that could block for kicks, not sure the quality of player was the problem, either way it HAS to be fixed next year or I don't know if people can stomach a 3rd year staff that can't fix it. I am still enthusiastic but everyone has limits.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
6'5" RB? That is coaching malpractice. Somebody should have told him 3 years ago to get in the TE group and put on 40 pounds

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
6'5" RB? That is coaching malpractice. Somebody should have told him 3 years ago to get in the TE group and put on 40 pounds
Laskey was bout 6'3" 210. Somehow he had a way of stepping over low tackles and falling forward for at least 4 yards.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Laskey was bout 6'3" 210. Somehow he had a way of stepping over low tackles and falling forward for at least 4 yards.
Yes, he was exactly what we needed then- never (or almost never) lost yards and was good for 3-4 yards a pop. He fit what we were doing then perfectly.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
QB out of HS, A&M moved him to TE/RB, and VPI took him as a QB. After averaging 2 passing yards per season.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Laskey, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Laskey throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Laskey decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human!'

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Laskey, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Laskey throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Laskey decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human!'

I will have some of what this dude is having.