2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Nah. Sims was smooth. He looked much improved.
Sims physical tools are way ahead of his mental tools. Kid is a gifted athlete. If he has the discipline to develop his understanding of the game to match his athletic ability then look the öööö out.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
ITT, the backup QB continues to be the most popular player at GT.
Nobody is saying that. But we are saying it looks like we may finally have a situation where if the backup is needed we still have hope. And a solid #2 makes #1 better. The most popular player on the teams is clearly Gibbs.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Guys are reading waaaaay too much into a spring game. If you wanted to see more live football or not just an exhibition, you should've gone to the open Saturday practices. The defense only had 4 plays they were allowed to run lol. This was all about letting our guys have fun, showing off some of the new guys, and recruiting. The number of high caliber recruits that were there is insane.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I like Perry and it is great that he does have the ability he does. He is not a chump. He can throw the ball well in practice.

But he was doing it normally against the 2nd or 3rd team defense and had all the time he wanted to get set and deliver the ball. We have no idea how he would look at full game speed against a 1st team defense.

I think he is perfect for the “rookie” QB slot; develop for the next couple of years and then he can contribute/compete for starting job. FWIW, I think his potential is greater than Yates.

I also feel like Yates if a very good backup QB. At this point, he knows the offense and the players trust him if he has to go into the game.

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Have to start winning this year.
This roster is a winning roster. Should have above average OL, superb RBs, above average QB with high ceiling, and enough weapons at WR for our offense to have the edge against most of the defenses we will face. It appears that the DL will be much improved as well especially the pass rush.

If our team executes and avoids self inflicted wounds/penalties, we SHOULD win at least seven. I think this roster can beat NIU, KSU, Pitt, Duke, UVA, BC. UNC/VT/Miami should be close games that we can win. Notre Dame, Clemson, uga are stretches.

FWIW - I think Athens is in for a rude awakening. They haven’t seen us since 2019, and we played them very close in the first half that year until the depth disparity took over. The talent gap is the smallest it’s been in a long time and should continue to shrink.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
To some extent I agree. We certainly have increased the talent level quite a bit over two seasons. However, that talent is still very young for the most part. I expect (and would be happy with) a bowl game... it’s time to take that step.