2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Been ded for some time now. Offseason sucks.
The "mechanics of tickets" talk is compelling though. I was hoping there might be more about spring practice that is presumably happening I guess since the game is tomorrow.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
The "mechanics of tickets" talk is compelling though. I was hoping there might be more about spring practice that is presumably happening I guess since the game is tomorrow.
No media presence except at the open scrimmages they've been having on Saturdays so really haven't been getting much reported on practice other than what GT has released. Press conferences, social media posts, etc.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No media presence except at the open scrimmages they've been having on Saturdays so really haven't been getting much reported on practice other than what GT has released. Press conferences, social media posts, etc.
OK, thanks, I don't live there, so I was wondering why there wasn't more coming out. That doesn't seem all that "branding savvy".

Sports fandom is as much talking about it as actually watching it. 12 football games a year is only 40 hours' worth (well 45 if they are CBS SEC Saturday games). You gotta have outlets to talk about it to keep the interest up.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Has there been any announcement about parking? The last I saw, it was TBA. Seems like the Peters Deck has been open after 5 pm for previous spring games but it fills up fast.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Two 15 minute halves. That’s not worth the hassle of Atlanta traffic.
Is that for real? Haven’t we usually played 60 in the past?

I’m also curious about parking - this will be the first one I’ve gone to where I didn’t have a campus parking pass, so now I have to park like a normal person.

JRjr

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Confirmed on RR.com ..... I guess I will still go. There has to be more to this thing than a half hour.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Is that for real? Haven’t we usually played 60 in the past?

I’m also curious about parking - this will be the first one I’ve gone to where I didn’t have a campus parking pass, so now I have to park like a normal person.

JRjr
i was curious about that too. how long have spring games been in the past? my memory not good.

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
Has there been any announcement about parking? The last I saw, it was TBA. Seems like the Peters Deck has been open after 5 pm for previous spring games but it fills up fast.
I wouldn't bother with Peters unless you're super early. Klaus, McCamish, and Area 1 are also open.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Yeah I don't get the two 15 min halves thing to make up a 2hr block of tv time. CGC got something up his sleeve.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I've been in planes, trains, and automobiles with tons of people over the last few months. I am living through cancer. I don't understand this fascination with keeping everyone safe from everything. I want to live my life doing the things that bring me joy until my time here ends. Others who feel similarly will attend events, and others who don't will stay home. Everyone in GA has access to a vaccine, and for those who don't want it, stay home. For the rest of us, we should be able to enjoy GT football as we always have. It is your choice to get a vaccine, and if you don't think that is enough protection, don't go out. Similarly, if you don't think a condom is enough protection (it's not 100% either), don't have sex...

I haven't bought season tickets this year because I have no confidence that it is going to be the experience that I want (i.e., no masks, full house, etc.). I was totally psyched to go to the spring game, and now can't do that. Seems like a bone headed decision in my opinion because I have been to plenty of spring games, and crowding is never an issue.
Well said.

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
I got mine. However, this is tough for an old guy. I tried to download them on my IPAD, didn’t work. Called GT, they said are you bringing your IPAD to the game, download them on your phone. I think I have about a 12 year old used IPHONE 1, which I have not turned on in 3 months. It did crank up, but then I had zero idea what by email password is, since I just hit what’s saved on my IPAD. After about 90 minutes, I did get into my email, but ramblingwreck.com would not pull up, maybe software is out of date. Somehow, and I really don’t even know how, I got the tickets to go to something called wallet. I hope to hell I can find wallet again Friday night. If you see someone to holding up an old IPHONE cursing Friday night that will be me. What happen to paper tickets they mail to you?
Be careful using Wallet, understand it can be hacked!

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Yeah I don't get the two 15 min halves thing to make up a 2hr block of tv time. CGC got something up his sleeve.
I hope so. This is an important milestone for the fans and the program. My guess is that it will be fine or better but why introduce anxiety at this late stage? Don't play with dynamite - everyone is already on edge.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
OK, thanks, I don't live there, so I was wondering why there wasn't more coming out. That doesn't seem all that "branding savvy".

Sports fandom is as much talking about it as actually watching it. 12 football games a year is only 40 hours' worth (well 45 if they are CBS SEC Saturday games). You gotta have outlets to talk about it to keep the interest up.
They had planned to have media at all spring practices, but had a few COVID cases pop up just before spring practice started that pushed everything back a week. After that, out of an abundance of caution, they decided to only let media attend the open scrimmages they had in BDS.