2022 Recruiting

not quite the same but nice try tho.

So how do you rank a transfer who redshirted last season? So has his potential change and projection that drastically?
let me ask you a question, would you rather have the talent that transferred in or the talent that transferred out?

Last edited:
So in the 247 Rankings we are now down to #53. Shows us what happens when fan base goes full retart.

FIFY. Coach was doing it. Recruiting was on the upswing. Then the disgruntled got loud. Recruiting dropped off like a cliff.

It was not the record. Recruits were fine with the w-l so far. They were not fine with a fan base that eats its own without rational thought behind it. And that eats the players and their families.

Thanks.

FIFY. Coach was doing it. Recruiting was on the upswing. Then the disgruntled got loud. Recruiting dropped off like a cliff.

It was not the record. Recruits were fine with the w-l so far. They were not fine with a fan base that eats its own without rational thought behind it. And that eats the players and their families.

Thanks.
Yes, it’s all the fans fault. What a BS arguement. Was it the fans that drove recruits, Gibbs, Ivey, Choice, Coleman and the rest of the talent away or was it the constant losing, piss poor game day coaching, dead man walking and clown show antics of the head coach ?

Thanks.
Oh goddamn, that’s just ööööing stupid. The fans bitching about 9 wins in three years is not the reason recruiting momentum stopped.

It’s funny how the people who were touting recruiting ranking are now saying we don’t understand how rankings work when they’ve cratered

I don't want to argue the minutiae, but we are, in fact 32nd in terms of average recruit ranking. Yes, the class suffered some because we replaced half the coaching staff. It would have been a lot worse if Collins wasn't good at it, believe me. We also cut a few loose to get transfers instead. But I am finally to the point where the wins and losses actually are all that matters next year. If we are successful, the recruiting will be fine. If not, we better have a good plan and a lot of money.

I don't want to argue the minutiae, but we are, in fact 32nd in terms of average recruit ranking. Yes, the class suffered some because we replaced half the coaching staff. It would have been a lot worse if Collins wasn't good at it, believe me. We also cut a few loose to get transfers instead. But I am finally to the point where the wins and losses actually are all that matters next year. If we are successful, the recruiting will be fine. If not, we better have a good plan and a lot of money.
We’re 46th when 2022 and portal is combined. 7th in ACC

We’re 46th when 2022 and portal is combined. 7th in ACC

I said by average recruit ranking, per Rivals. The last time we took a class this small, we finished in the 70's.

I said by average recruit ranking, per Rivals. The last time we took a class this small, we finished in the 70's.

The reason we took a smaller class was because of transfers. Think the composite ranking is a better indicator because of that

Does that mean we are right at 85 total?

Thanks.
Yes, recruits weren’t happy with the fans that expect better of a team with historical success, but they were fine with a horrible coach who has his players regress and can’t turn out more than 3 wins a year.

Should the end come for CGC next year because of another bad season, the money will be there. It was almost there this year. Needed $12 million - had $9 million guaranteed
CGC's buyout drops off after 2022 season.
There's no doubt this is the sink or swim season.

Since most of the coaching staff defections on their own came after early signing day (Choice, Coleman, for instance), and we knew we weren't going to sign a lot on February signing day, the upheaval probably didn't affect this year's class as much as it would say next year's. The choices who were let go weren't considered, I suspect, our better recruiters anyway. Any recruits they had would have been given over to another coach to finish. They had time to take on more work during December. We certainly weren't working on practice schedules.

He's a gonner after next year and deserves to be kicked the hell out. The WORST coach in Tech history, including B***L****

öööö him. Mr. 0-100

Should the end come for CGC next year because of another bad season, the money will be there. It was almost there this year. Needed $12 million - had $9 million guaranteed
CGC's buyout drops off after 2022 season.
There's no doubt this is the sink or swim season.

Since most of the coaching staff defections on their own came after early signing day (Choice, Coleman, for instance), and we knew we weren't going to sign a lot on February signing day, the upheaval probably didn't affect this year's class as much as it would say next year's. The choices who were let go weren't considered, I suspect, our better recruiters anyway. Any recruits they had would have been given over to another coach to finish. They had time to take on more work during December. We certainly weren't working on practice schedules.

It's not the buyout money that concerns me. It's the money to hire the next staff. 3 million/year for a HC and a budget staff of guys on alumni discount deals is not gonna cut it.

Back