2022 Recruiting

You're gonna see a lot of those names this season. Sims probably starting at CB. Eley starting MLB. Harris 1B ar rush end. Cimaglia and Cochran starting. White in the rotation once healthy. Derrick Allen plays 3 positions in the secondary as well.

Don't forget McGowan. Speed to burn.

I will revise and extend my remarks like Congress does. Given the number of 5 stars there are it is highly unlikely 20% of the NFL is made up of them.

We want the highest rated players we can get, like you want better starting hands in poker

If 3 stars that meet your program needs are like 4 stars, what does that make 4 & 5 stars that fit your program needs? Our recruiting has significantly improved; but we don't need to stretch it with these arguments that the 3 stars we are getting are better than the 3 stars some other programs are getting. Some of the 3 stars will pan out and some won't just like always.
Good observation, wasnt long ago on this board that stars did not matter

We might start 7 transfers SAT counting the kicker and that's good.--an upgrade for sure..

Don't forget McGowan. Speed to burn.
Is he really that fast? He had 360 receiving yards last year and has 1 catch of more than 33 yards in has 4 year career. Feels like he is more of a underneath/possesssion guy.

Is he really that fast? He had 360 receiving yards last year and has 1 catch of more than 33 yards in has 4 year career. Feels like he is more of a underneath/possesssion guy.
Wes and Roddy mentioned at this year’s Spring Game that McGowan was recruited to transfer to Tech by Gibbs. Apparently they used to play together back in the day and are good friends.

First play of Spring Game was McGowan going for 12 yards on a “pop pass”…which is like a reverse but the QB gets credit for the forward pass yardage.

Wes and Roddy mentioned at this year’s Spring Game that McGowan was recruited to transfer to Tech by Gibbs. Apparently they used to play together back in the day and are good friends.

First play of Spring Game was McGowan going for 12 yards on a “pop pass”…which is like a reverse but the QB gets credit for the forward pass yardage.
Yea. I think he’s good with the ball, super reliable, run after catch guy, not a burner like downtown Brown was. Could be wrong.

Yea. I think he’s good with the ball, super reliable, run after catch guy, not a burner like downtown Brown was. Could be wrong.
not sure who- maybe GCG- said he's a "4-4 guy"...guess we'll see on Sat night!

To be fair, it was an 8-game season for Northwestern. He was second in catches and yards on a good team. I didn't watch them or him enough to know how much of his YPC is a result of his skillset vs. the nature of their offense, but like @GTce93 said, we will see very soon.

To be fair, it was an 8-game season for Northwestern. He was second in catches and yards on a good team. I didn't watch them or him enough to know how much of his YPC is a result of his skillset vs. the nature of their offense, but like @GTce93 said, we will see very soon.
McGowan is not the fastest guy on the team - but he is fast - probably top 5 on the team. But his claim to fame is not raw speed - its route running - shedding coverage and getting open. McGowan gets open. If you want to put speed over getting open then the NFL scouts who scout receivers won't be buying you a drink anytime soon.

Clemsons overall recruiting ranking from 2007 to 2017:
2007: 18th one behind us.
2008: 10th
2009: 36th
2010: 27th
2011: 10th
2012: 20th
2013: 15th
2014: 16th
2015: 9th
2016: Natty.

I believe with winning we can recruit like this ^^^

Theres some really interesting research into this. I'll have to find the website.

Saw a Tweet from the team a week or two back that had the top 5 fastest players on the team by 'mph'. Don't know why we do it like that instead of by 40 times, but McGowan was on the list.

Saw a Tweet from the team a week or two back that had the top 5 fastest players on the team by 'mph'. Don't know why we do it like that instead of by 40 times, but McGowan was on the list.
They probably track instantaneous speed during practice, but they don't regularly hold 40 yard sprints.

All players wear Catapult devices during practices and it tracks a number of things like movements and body vitals. They use this to determine player loads, and can use it to measure top speed.

Why give that to your competitor?

All players wear Catapult devices during practices and it tracks a number of things like movements and body vitals. They use this to determine player loads, and can use it to measure top speed.

Let's give this some perspective. From Next Gen Stats on the NFL preseason.

1630605563136.png

Back