2022 Transfer Portal Tracker

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Guess it's time to start tracking folks coming and going for 2022 season that may be of interest to GT. One entered the portal yesterday that will likely get a lot of interest from GT. Paul Tchio from Clemson has entered the portal (Milton HS - teammates of Dylan Leonard and Jordan Yates). Paul was heavily recruited by GT out of high school and is at a position of immediate need (interior OL) so I expect GT to go after him.

theDude47

Dodd-Like
Guess it's time to start tracking folks coming and going for 2022 season that may be of interest to GT. One entered the portal yesterday that will likely get a lot of interest from GT. Paul Tchio from Clemson has entered the portal (Milton HS - teammates of Dylan Leonard and Jordan Yates). Paul was heavily recruited by GT out of high school and is at a position of immediate need (interior OL) so I expect GT to go after him.

Based on Clemson’s OL situation this year, I’m not sure I’d want an OL from them.

mookie43

Helluva Engineer
My immediate reaction……weak link on the Clemson team is the OL. If he was living up to his 4 star ranking he would be playing as they need help on the OL

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
My immediate reaction……weak link on the Clemson team is the OL. If he was living up to his 4 star ranking he would be playing as they need help on the OL
Nevertheless he would probably be an upgrade for our OL next season based on who we are losing and who will be available as of now

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

Can we train this Guy to play both Center and OG?

I'll take him, he is a clear cut upgrade over what we have coming back for 22 at G-C-G.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
He's has been playing. Played against UGA, SC State, NC State, BC, FSU this year. He's also one of the only OL Clemson did not want to lose.
Is a good point. While the weak link idea is a possibility, the other likely version is the one good one wants out of a messier group.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Get him. If the player has O as the first letter of his position designator we want him.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Can we train this Guy to play both Center and OG?

I'll take him, he is a clear cut upgrade over what we have coming back for 22 at G-C-G.
I think Weston Franklin is going to be a good center for us in the long run. He got thrown into the fire last week when he had to come in late for the injured Minihan. When he did, Miami put an all-ACC DL playing zero nose right in front of him. Get him more reps these last few games and a good offseason, he should be ready to contribute next year. The only thing that sucks is we used him in one game for just a few snaps earlier this year so if we want to preserve his RS, he only has 2 more he can play out of the last 3. I say play him in the next 2, rest Minihan and maybe he's healthy by the UGAg game.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I think Weston Franklin is going to be a good center for us in the long run. He got thrown into the fire last week when he had to come in late for the injured Minihan. When he did, Miami put an all-ACC DL playing zero nose right in front of him. Get him more reps these last few games and a good offseason, he should be ready to contribute next year. The only thing that sucks is we used him in one game for just a few snaps earlier this year so if we want to preserve his RS, he only has 2 more he can play out of the last 3. I say play him in the next 2, rest Minihan and maybe he's healthy by the UGAg game.
I noticed the same thing - the young man was pushed into service prematurely. But do you really want to play him against ND and the dwags? Or is Minihan still injured and we have no choice? WF was very highly rated - won't hold a bad outing as indicative but I'd think twice about playing him against the meat grinders ND and the dwags are gonna put opposite him.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
In the long CGC will be fired - we need to win games now and next season

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I noticed the same thing - the young man was pushed into service prematurely. But do you really want to play him against ND and the dwags? Or is Minihan still injured and we have no choice? WF was very highly rated - won't hold a bad outing as indicative but I'd think twice about playing him against the meat grinders ND and the dwags are gonna put opposite him.
ND maybe. He can only play in two more so get him some snaps (literally) in BC and ND. Does t mean he’ll start. Definitely not uga. Let’s let Jonathon Davis graduate…

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I noticed the same thing - the young man was pushed into service prematurely.
When you are ATL, you are thought to ready to play in a Game at a moment's notice, has there been another #2 Center that I'm overlooking?

you rise to #2 on the depth chart this late in the season, it would seem that you are a player that is progressing.

In Game9, I'm uncomfortable with the pushed into service narrative.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
In Game9, I'm uncomfortable with the pushed into service narrative.
We can respectfully disagree on this matter. Especially for a lineman on either side of the LOS. Lineman are not expected to be serviceable in their first year. If they are, great. But to expect it is retarded.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
We can respectfully disagree on this matter. Especially for a lineman on either side of the LOS. Lineman are not expected to be serviceable in their first year. If they are, great. But to expect it is retarded.
No it's not retarded.

Also it ain't 1980 anymore, T-Fr no longer need 3 years out of HS to contribute in the trenches.

I wish we had started playing Biggers 20 snaps per game and worked his way up to about 40 snaps per game now that we are at the end of our season.

From everything I've seen Biggers looks just as capable as our guys that are 4 & 5 yrs out of HS on the DL, Ivey at 2 yrs out of HS is just as good as guys that are 4 & 5 yrs out of HS at DE