2023 Recruiting

So that's Keith, Cornist and Bonner having decommitted in the last couple of weeks?
We better get busy in the portal in the offseason or start flipping folks in the next couple of months.

The longer we wait to name a permanent head coach, the harder it’s going to be to have a recruiting class this year.
I don't know.
There's the James Franklin school of thought, other than covering for rapists, where the player commits to the coach. Which in turn leads to the question what does that kid do if the coach bolts for the NFL?
And there's the Tech school of thought, which is you commit to the school because you're making a 40-year decision.
Besides, if Key really wants to be considered for the job once the season is over, he'll the staff maintain its recruiting pace.
Losing Cornist had more to do with Daniels' ouster than Collins'. And I'm curious to watch what happens with Simpkins.
Besides, we likely won't be able to name a new HC until after the season. It's hard to conduct interviews during season unless said candidate has an off week.

I'm not paying much attention to recruiting until we name a permanent coach. Historically the majority of committed players will stick during a coaching transition. Invariably some will decommit, then potentially some new commits come totally out of left field. Then there will be transfers... first priority needs to be a slam dunk head coach hire. Everything else will fall into place from there.

I'm not paying much attention to recruiting until we name a permanent coach. Historically the majority of committed players will stick during a coaching transition. Invariably some will decommit, then potentially some new commits come totally out of left field. Then there will be transfers... first priority needs to be a slam dunk head coach hire. Everything else will fall into place from there.
What if this is all just Key cleaning up dipshit’s recruiting mess?

What if this is all just Key cleaning up dipshit’s recruiting mess?
Every recruiting class at every school has hits and misses. However, Collins’s classes seemed to have more misses than hits. At this point, if Collins had anything to do with anything then I’m taking a long hard look at any of his decisions.

I don't know.
There's the James Franklin school of thought, other than covering for rapists, where the player commits to the coach. Which in turn leads to the question what does that kid do if the coach bolts for the NFL?
And there's the Tech school of thought, which is you commit to the school because you're making a 40-year decision.
Besides, if Key really wants to be considered for the job once the season is over, he'll the staff maintain its recruiting pace.
Losing Cornist had more to do with Daniels' ouster than Collins'. And I'm curious to watch what happens with Simpkins.
Besides, we likely won't be able to name a new HC until after the season. It's hard to conduct interviews during season unless said candidate has an off week.
That whole “40-year decision” sounds great but it doesn’t really bring in any quality recruits.

Right, this is a normal thing. We all need to take a deep breathe and chill.

I reckon if a kid committed to the Clown in Conyers, he could just move there and live off of that guaranteed moola. There is a Wahoo at Panola Rd. And I-20 so getting fed want be a problem.

Back