2023 Recruiting

I hope we really are that talented. I wonder why CBS preseason has us ranked at 96th ?
I’d say it’s mostly because we’re a big ? at this point. It’s not exactly a bold pick, is it.

Can’t remember the name right off, but we are after at least one QB that we have a chance to land.
If you're referring to Colin Houck, he has decided to focus mainly on baseball at the next level and committed to Mississippi State. His goal is to never see Mississippi State either and get drafted. He's still playing football though in HS and actually lit up John's Creek last night at the Corky Kell Classic. If something changes and he decides to pursue football, we would be his leader for that, but I doubt that happens.

Johns Creek vs. Parkview

Parkview, ranked just outside of our Top 25, opened with a 52-7 blowout of Johns Creek. The Panthers had a well-balanced attack.

Khyair Spain ran the ball 13 times for 140 yards with two touchdowns. Quarterback Colin Houck completed 14-of-19 passes for 194 yards with three touchdowns. He also ran for a score

Mike Matthews caught six balls for 111 yards and two touchdowns.

If you're referring to Colin Houck, he has decided to focus mainly on baseball at the next level and committed to Mississippi State. His goal is to never see Mississippi State either and get drafted. He's still playing football though in HS and actually lit up John's Creek last night at the Corky Kell Classic. If something changes and he decides to pursue football, we would be his leader for that, but I doubt that happens.

I think that is who I was thinking of.

Still a long way to go until signing day. In my opinion you should take one QB in every class, especially in the age of the transfer.

Generally, that's probably true. That said, we have 2 QBs who have transferred once already, which makes it more difficult to do it again without sitting.

Generally, that's probably true. That said, we have 2 QBs who have transferred once already, which makes it more difficult to do it again without sitting.
Yeah I think we're ok in the QB room. Sims can still play another year (2 more actually I believe) if he wants. Phommachahn and Gibson can't transfer again without having to sit a year, and Pyron is just a true freshman likely redshirting. We'll have those 3 plus any true freshmen moving forward, and always room to add a depth transfer if needed.

1661474375725.png

We actually have a few good commits.It will be interesting to see how many show up this time next season.

Whoever is on the list of committed recruits as of 9-19-22 is certainly a questionable signee for '23. ---(unless they want a real education ANd want to play football)--shocking I know

Back