2023 Recruiting

Does recruiting even matter anymore? Because I heard that recruiting doesn’t matter anymore.

Does recruiting even matter anymore? Because I heard that recruiting doesn’t matter anymore.
Any recruiting advantage Collins had is rendered null and void by NIL. Top players expect to get paid more than GT can/will pay them.

Edit: That said, I’m still thinking through portal implications. If you’re that guy at a top 5 program who finds out you’re gonna sit on the bench for 4 years waiting on your chance to play, would it be more immediately lucrative to transfer to GT for a chance at earlier playing time? Maybe this is why Saban wants equal payouts.

Last edited:
I waited for you that night, but I was so drunk I stumbled into some strange Uber. Thought I heard some woman mention something about a Jacket. She was surprised at first, but I mentioned The Jacket and she seemed to understand. She took me home to a fairly nice place. I thought I was gonna meet you. She sat me down in the living area and invited me to make a drink. I sat for a while sipping on my bourbon on the rocks, patiently anticipating the knowledge of the Jacket. It was then this older woman emerged from the back room, wearing nothing but a Pepe the frog mask and suit. She came closer, jumping on top of me as in attack. Whoa I said, I’m only here to learn. That’s when she whispered in my ear: I’m @The Jacket ’s mom, I have all the information you need.

I’ve been enlightened I must say.
It is so embarrassing when this happens.

I waited for you that night, but I was so drunk I stumbled into some strange Uber. Thought I heard some woman mention something about a Jacket. She was surprised at first, but I mentioned The Jacket and she seemed to understand. She took me home to a fairly nice place. I thought I was gonna meet you. She sat me down in the living area and invited me to make a drink. I sat for a while sipping on my bourbon on the rocks, patiently anticipating the knowledge of the Jacket. It was then this older woman emerged from the back room, wearing nothing but a Pepe the frog mask and suit. She came closer, jumping on top of me as in attack. Whoa I said, I’m only here to learn. That’s when she whispered in my ear: I’m @The Jacket ’s mom, I have all the information you need.
I didn't realize I left my bourbon there.

Recruits are waiting to see if we win with this coaching staff. Win and they’ll come pouring in.
Ummmmm, I don't think that is really what's going on these days.

Its more like "pay me $500,000 and I'll come - who cares about wins."

Ummmmm, I don't think that is really what's going on these days.

Its more like "pay me $500,000 and I'll come - who cares about wins."
Sure, for the highest rated recruits, but most recruits are still committing and then switching if they get a better offer. Our recruits are moreso waiting to see what this staff can do. At least, that's the way I see it.

Looks like an incoming commitment (for real this time?)

Edit: was a 2022 transfer

Last edited:
Whats the deal with Anthony Little? No ranking but he has a nice offer list so far. Looks like he's just getting discovered or something?

I wonder if we are pursuing this legacy QB. Already 6 ft 5 in with offers from Michigan and Ole Miss. He is from Brentwood Academy where we got Brandon Adams and Ryan Johnson. His Dad played at Tech and coached at Colorado.

George MacIntyre

I wonder if we are pursuing this legacy QB. Already 6 ft 5 in with offers from Michigan and Ole Miss. He is from Brentwood Academy where we got Brandon Adams and Ryan Johnson. His Dad played at Tech and coached at Colorado.

George MacIntyre
He's got decent speed and a decent arm. Only thing is that he's gotta fill into his body some. He's 6'5" 175.

Back