2024 Recruiting

Bad flashbacks of Logan Thomas (?) from VT.
Thomas does the same thing in the NFL - first would-be tackler hangs off of him like a toddler clinging to his mom in the doctor's office waiting room. Takes a couple guys to bring him down and its always 2-3 extra yards.

Apparently Ole Miss is sniffing around T Butler... he's got an official visit with them soon. Ole Miss seems to be all up in our business this whole past year. From existing players and the NIL to HS recruits.

I used to get excited during the visiting and commitment season, but the landscape has changed so much just in the past 5 years with the ease of transferring and the NIL money. I don't get excited about kids committing nowadays. I only get pumped and behind them once they don the GT helmets and uniform...til then nothing is a given.

Apparently Ole Miss is sniffing around T Butler... he's got an official visit with them soon. Ole Miss seems to be all up in our business this whole past year. From existing players and the NIL to HS recruits.
Any player who chooses an Ole Miss degree over a GT degree better be confident he will have a long career in the NFL.

Koby Young 4 star WR just committed
Young is now our highest rated 24 player.
his 3 star composite rating could be upgraded during his senior season
welcome to GT. sounds like a keeper..impressive offer list

Young is now our highest rated 24 player.
his 3 star composite rating could be upgraded during his senior season
welcome to GT. sounds like a keeper..impressive offer list
Sounds like we’re gonna have to pay him. That offer list is no joke.

Young is a factory type recruit. Great offer list. Quality blue chipper. I can only hope we can hold on to him to signing day. Great pick up and hope it holds.

So why hasn’t he received more offers?
I don't know. I was commenting more that he is in a very visible program and isn't going to go unnoticed if he is good. I don't know his particular details. If he has a good senior season he will very likely get more offers.

I don't know. I was commenting more that he is in a very visible program and isn't going to go unnoticed if he is good. I don't know his particular details. If he has a good senior season he will very likely get more offers.
To be clear, I’m genuinely curious. How does a QB with his measurable on a successful team with high exposure not get picked up by more schools. I will readily admit I have no expertise on this subject at all.

To be clear, I’m genuinely curious. How does a QB with his measurable on a successful team with high exposure not get picked up by more schools. I will readily admit I have no expertise on this subject at all.
He has only played 1 season (sat behind a good QB that wound up at Wyoming, I believe.)

He's not our QB1 recruit, either. Philo is higher on our board and is a more polished player. Knowles is a bit of a flier based on size and potential.

He has only played 1 season (sat behind a good QB that wound up at Wyoming, I believe.)

He's not our QB1 recruit, either. Philo is higher on our board and is a more polished player. Knowles is a bit of a flier based on size and potential.
He hasn't even played a full season. He played part time behind last years starter.

Back