2024 Transfer Portal

Yeah, everything about the programs are the exact same. Except when he’s at Texas, he’s not under the shadow of Saban. If he has a bad year at Bama he’s going to have death notes piled high in his office.

Number of national championships is the same?

Yeah, everything about the programs are the exact same. Except when he’s at Texas, he’s not under the shadow of Saban. If he has a bad year at Bama he’s going to have death notes piled high in his office.
Alabama has been far more successful in the near term and all-time and it is really not close. So if you ignore actual results then I suppose you can say Alabama and Texas are about the same.

This is like comparing the Yankees to the Dodgers. One actually wins and has a bunch of cash. One has maybe more cash but doesn’t win.

Can we get this back to transfer portal news for GT players and players coming to GT pls thx
You might want to close the thread until after Spring practice then. It’s pretty much closed for business as it relates to GT.

Number of national championships is the same?
That’s great, those aren’t going to matter next year when Bama has a significantly worse recruiting class bc Saban isn’t there. They’re funded around the same as Texas, and recruits are going to know that. Sark would have to live under Saban’s shadow and live up to those championships.

Alabama has been far more successful in the near term and all-time and it is really not close. So if you ignore actual results then I suppose you can say Alabama and Texas are about the same.
I’m not, but that’s not going to matter to recruits. We’re not talking about a historical team success, we’re talking about a coaching spot. None of those nattys that were earned in the past are going to matter going forward to sark. None of those are going to matter to recruits either. They’re going to look at NIL (Texas has been better in the NIL pool), and success moving forward. Even if sark wins 10 games next season, recruits will take notice and so will fans.

This question may belong in the recruiting thread, but barring any more transfers out or attrition, how many more spots do we have? Just trying to think of Tyler's #1 objective for April, which is populating the front 7. We weren't lighting up the world last year so it's not like we lost a ton of talent, but we did lose a chunk of depth so far this offseason.

There's a huge PT sell there for the portal.

I’m referring to enrollment. A Portal commitment now (unlike the December window) is like a HS commit. 50/50 until they are actually in school.
Even so, we should be looking hard at Bama defensive players who may want to leave

Back