2024 Transfer Portal

Bullshit. Coaches throw these type numbers out trying to drive their fans to donate more to “catch up”. No college kid is getting $6M.
Arch Manning got over $100k for one trading card. Texas quarterback Arch Manning donates all $102,500 from his first NIL deal to charity

Quinn Ewers got $1.4M over 3 years when he was still 17 years old. (He then transferred, but still that's the type of money thrown around). Ohio State Buckeyes QB Quinn Ewers has NIL deal for $1.4 million, source says

I think Sims was on the order of $100k or so. Still a huge waste of money. Eventually the people writing these checks will smarten up. Or maybe they won’t, no real lack of idiots out there.
Yeah the "they'll slow down eventually" line falls flat when a team just fired a guy for upwards of 70 million dollars.

I think Sims was on the order of $100k or so. Still a huge waste of money. Eventually the people writing these checks will smarten up. Or maybe they won’t, no real lack of idiots out there.
A couple of things may happen. One would be the people writing these checks will either run out of money or their ability to write checks with other people’s money will be cut off. The idea that they will smarten up is a stretch.

Over $1m per win! Great expenditure for whomever that dumbass booster is.

Well I know Google is paying for him and his brother at least. I've seen their 'coffee pot' commercial on TV.

No. His ON3 "value" is $4M. That is not what his NIL contracts are worth. I explained this in the Deion thread (last few pages).
“Shedeur Sanders NIL deals are valued at a staggering $4.8 million, according to On3 at the time of updating this article. The new Colorado Buffaloes quarterback currently has the sixth-most valuable NIL contract in college football.”

“Shedeur Sanders NIL deals are valued at a staggering $4.8 million, according to On3 at the time of updating this article. The new Colorado Buffaloes quarterback currently has the sixth-most valuable NIL contract in college football.”

Source of your quote? If you bothered to read the ON3 website itself you would find this:

https://www.on3.com/nil/deals/ : "The On3 NIL Deal Tracker lists all NIL Deals across the NCAA for college and high school athletes being reported by players, collectives, agents and media. On3 does NOT disclose deal financial terms. Financial data is undisclosed and private to the athlete."

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/ : This explains what "value" means in the ON3 world.

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/ : Oops, he's down to only $4M value now.

Whoever put that quote out clearly doesn't understand how ON3 works. Most of the articles about "value" of NIL "deals" refer back to ON3. ON3 provides a service to athletes and their agents to try to extract more $ for their likeness. They are treating athletes like NFTs - at the end of the day they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. And they may be worthless within a year.

Educate yourself before you regurgitate everything the media tells you.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/? That's your source?? High quality reporting there.

I don't get his appeal, but I am an old guy, so what would I know?

His deals? Or his value? I’d be surprised if he’s actually getting paid that much when he’s kind of tied to the school because of his dad.

UCLA true freshman QB Dante Moore who only went to UCLA over Oregon because of NIL is in the portal.

we showed the country we’re no longer pushovers. UGAY fans have been telling me all week that they had a ‘bad’ performance. When do you ever hear that? They know we’re getting better and I hope Key has the opportunity to take pieces of the hedges next year.
I was stopped by a random uga fan in an elevator who told me he was nervous about the game against us and thinks we’re about to be a big problem.
He right.

Arch Manning got over $100k for one trading card. Texas quarterback Arch Manning donates all $102,500 from his first NIL deal to charity

Quinn Ewers got $1.4M over 3 years when he was still 17 years old. (He then transferred, but still that's the type of money thrown around). Ohio State Buckeyes QB Quinn Ewers has NIL deal for $1.4 million, source says
That to me is one of the best Heists in history. Go to Ohio State, sit the bench while fleecing the fan base for 2 mil, then transfer. Genius

Back