2024 Transfer Portal

He already has his degree in hand, so we aren't an audition school. I'd guess he is shopping for a master's degree and playing time.
According to the depth chart I pulled up he is a backup so it's not like someone is picking off a prime time player. Getting your masters somewhere other than your bachelor's is always a good idea.

According to the depth chart I pulled up he is a backup so it's not like someone is picking off a prime time player. Getting your masters somewhere other than your bachelor's is always a good idea.
I would be calling Stanford and saying "whazzup?"

I guess outside of Efford and maybe Biggers, you can’t really worry about losing players on defense. They were not good this year.

Of course, you don’t want to have to replace all your players and need to replace with better but we can’t be much worse on that side of the ball.

I guess outside of Efford and maybe Biggers, you can’t really worry about losing players on defense. They were not good this year.

Of course, you don’t want to have to replace all your players and need to replace with better but we can’t be much worse on that side of the ball.
UGAg only had 175 yards passing and a pick.

We can be much worse. There were several games where the defense was at the very least decent (Miami, Wake)-- make the defense consistently bad and we're not bowling.

Defense was consistently bad. They had turnovers in a few games that helped but that was more bad offense than good defense.

Wake was the only game they made a difference and still got beat bad a few times.

The run defense was all time bad.

No matter who we send out there next year, they will be just as good. The hope is new players and new staff and they are at least decent.

Per the AJC: Georgia Tech defensive end Kyle Kennard, running back Jamie Felix and defensive back Kenan Johnson announced their intentions to enter the transfer portal. They made their decisions public via social media this week.

Hate to lose Kennard. If we could get him to stop grabbing face masks…
I have to imagine the defensive coaching staff is unstable (at best), which can't help the portal reality and losing quality players like Kennard. I'm wondering when coaching decisions will be made/announced, especially the DC position and does Thacker have any future on the staff

UVA transfer QB Brennan Armstrong was the starting QB through game 5 at NCSU. When NCSU lost 13-10 to UofL where Armstrong looked bad, Doeren made the decision to make Morris the starting QB starting with Marshall. He went 3-1 and decided before the Wake Forest game 10, that he wanted to RS. Morris had the right to do so.

Armstrong came back in as the starting QB leading NCSU to easy wins against Wake, VT, UNC.

Let’s not act like Morris left as the original starting QB. Armstrong was a so called “can’t miss” QB transfer reuniting with his former UVA OC.

Back