2024 Transfer Portal

Two players that weren’t even in the 3-deep on UGA’s roster: our 3rd leading reciever (Blaylock) and 2nd in TDs (Seither).
I dont know what point you are trying to make, but it’s not a good one. Lol
Seither would have been behind arguably the best TE this century at UGAg and a 5* TE. The point I'm trying to make is we better give a öööö if we want to complete with them. We have to pay better attention to them. We have to try to compete. This "I don't care about UGAg" statement is bullshit. Chan acted like he didn't care. It was difficult to tell with CPJ how he felt. Collins didn't GAF about the game. Key lives and breathes beating them and has stated it as a goal. We don't beat them by ignoring them or "not caring" about UGAg.

You damn ööööing straight I care about them. I want their 5*'s here. I want their DL's here. They are the benchmark - not Wake, not FSU, not Miami, not UNC, not Clemson.....UGAg is our benchmark team. Absolutely none of those other teams will amount to a small hill of beans if we are benchmarking UGAg performance. We don't strive to beat UNC. We can do that now. Our target is, has always been, and will always be, UGAg. Key gets it

You will never, ever, ever hear me utter a phrase in any football situation that even resembles "UGA doesn't matter" or that "I don't care about them". I hope Key is recruiting specifically to beat them. I hope he lives, eats, sleeps, and breathes beating them. We have been their ööööing cucks since pretty much the 1960's. Key understands that has to change. If he changes that UGAg centric culture in this state, GT then joins the big boys. We have had enough of the decades of "don't care what the mutts do"

Not entirely unrelated to this thread ---
1701457526305.png

Of course they, like the mutts, will still get away with it, like they always do.
I'm sure the ACC will do something like take 5 scholarships away from us.

I'm sure the ACC will do something like take 5 scholarships away from us.
You can't be serious.

The ACC would never take our scholarships - instead, they would allow UNC to take their choice of QB from any other team in the ACC to "make them whole" after their "unfair" portal loss. A wealth redistribution, if you will. For the good of the conference.

You can't be serious.

The ACC would never take our scholarships - instead, they would allow UNC to take their choice of QB from any other team in the ACC to "make them whole" after their "unfair" portal loss. A wealth redistribution, if you will. For the good of the conference.
I always knew the ACC and NCAA were a bunch of commies! :lol2:

It was difficult to tell with CPJ how he felt.
I'll remark on your last point, which I cut out, first. I've told this story many times before on this board, but I'll repeat it. I was with PJ at an event where Richt was too back in the day. PJ looks at me and then looks at the media horde around Richt.
There was no one else talking to PJ.
"You don't think there's a (bleeping) bias in this state?" he said to me.
"Never said there wasn't, dude," was my response.

Yes, Georgia fans still call him Coach Fish Fry, because he didn't want the season to be judged on one game. But he enjoyed beating them. He really did. And in listening to him during his HoF induction interviews, 2009 really still eats at him. (once, after a rare loss during his time at Southern, and PJ had complained how bad practice had been that week and it was his belief that you play like you practice, he was addressed by a reporter after the game - you said it all week, you practice like öööö, you play like öööö ... they played like öööö, today, coach. That actually drew a chuckle out of him because he knew it was right.)
Then there's Schlabach's tale from the locker room in 2016 where they find PJ staring at the ceiling and they ask him what he's doing. He was looking for his name, he said, "because I ööööing own this place."

All that aside, if we want to compete with Georgia - and even with a down Clemson this year and FSU - going forward, you ain't off track.

Do you think Pyron has the possibility of earning a large NIL payout?

because I’d have to disagree.

First it’s never been about the money for him. He just wants to compete and win, and everyone in that building knows that. CBK is doing things right and the guys who are putting in the work and contributing to CBKs long term vision he has for GT football are being rewarded nicely. That said, and I’m not going to share the details, but Zach is definitely valued by CBK for his attitude, ability to lead if ever called on, and hard-work. He’s extremely grateful to recognized and rewarded. I’ll leave it at that.

Pyron has reportedly said he plans to get his degree from Tech before he leaves.

Partially true. He not only plans to get his degree before he leaves GT, he also plans on winning a lot of games when his time comes. Yeah he wants to compete and now, but he also knows right now is not his time. But that will not stop him from continuing to put in the work and pushing Haynes as hard as can, and like he did all this past year. His goal is to make CBF & CCWs decision as hard on them as possible….in a good way.

Do you think Pyron has the possibility of earning a large NIL payout?

because I’d have to disagree.

Just FYI, ON3 "valuation" for King is $275K (which ranks him 270th among all sports).

Pyron doesn't make the top 1000. Lowest CFB QB "valuation" is $111K. And those are HS QBs.

First it’s never been about the money for him. He just wants to compete and win, and everyone in that building knows that. CBK is doing things right and the guys who are putting in the work and contributing to CBKs long term vision he has for GT football are being rewarded nicely. That said, and I’m not going to share the details, but Zach is definitely valued by CBK for his attitude, ability to lead if ever called on, and hard-work. He’s extremely grateful to recognized and rewarded. I’ll leave it at that.
Yeah but what about his throwing angle?

And what exactly does that even mean?

(I think that’s a joke)
ZP seems to have a lot of promise in the future and I expect if he sticks it out that he’ll do great things at GT after King moves on. There was once a backup QB at GT named George Godsey who waited in Joe Hamilton’s shadow for two years. We all thought we were screwed when Hamilton graduated… but then Godsey stepped in and had two of our best seasons at QB in modern history. Godsey has had a good career coaching in NFL and College.

I (selfishly) hope zach stays. Get the degree, get the chance to learn from Buster and Weinke. He could have a lot of options for the future after GT if he stays.

Partially true. He not only plans to get his degree before he leaves GT, he also plans on winning a lot of games when his time comes. Yeah he wants to compete and now, but he also knows right now is not his time. But that will not stop him from continuing to put in the work and pushing Haynes as hard as can, and like he did all this past year. His goal is to make CBF & CCWs decision as hard on them as possible….in a good way.
Loved his run against the Dawgs. Sounds like a really cool young man. Good job.

(I think that’s a joke)
ZP seems to have a lot of promise in the future and I expect if he sticks it out that he’ll do great things at GT after King moves on. There was once a backup QB at GT named George Godsey who waited in Joe Hamilton’s shadow for two years. We all thought we were screwed when Hamilton graduated… but then Godsey stepped in and had two of our best seasons at QB in modern history. Godsey has had a good career coaching in NFL and College.

I (selfishly) hope zach stays. Get the degree, get the chance to learn from Buster and Weinke. He could have a lot of options for the future after GT if he stays.
Hell of a competitor and you can’t teach that. (See Clown’s prized QB). Ton on respect for ZP

I think Zach's commitment to doing things right is great. He is a good QB and old school tough. I'm sure Key appreciates that. I sleep better knowing that Zach and Haynes are pushing each other for the job, always getting better and if anything (injury or portal) happened to Haynes, we would be in great hands with Zach.

Back