2024 Transfer Portal

Oh yeah that guy! Completely forgot about the old QB guru. I actually learned that he was a regular in medieval fairs doing role play or I think they call it LARPing. Saw a pic or two…makes total sense now he was such an expert on QB mechanics. I guess swinging a sword and throwing a football are actually a lot alike.
I got to meet your son at one of our local GT events. He’s an impressive young man and you should be very proud. I know there’s a lot of folks here who are pulling for him having met him.

Oh yeah that guy! Completely forgot about the old QB guru. I actually learned that he was a regular in medieval fairs doing role play or I think they call it LARPing. Saw a pic or two…makes total sense now he was such an expert on QB mechanics. I guess swinging a sword and throwing a football are actually a lot alike.
Based on the post you responded to, I'm not totally sure who "that guy" is, but it certainly sounds like the jerk who had the audacity to argue with you last winter. He has tailgated with my group in the past, and I always thought he was a little goofy, but he was generally likable. When I saw what he posted on here about the "mechanics" of your son, I let him know clearly in FB how uncalled that kind of behavior was. Sadly, he refused to see my point, and just repeated what he said to you. I didn't hear from him again (nor did I say anything more to him) until King was named starter this year, at which time he sent me a "I told you so" message. I let him know again, how totally devoid of class he was, and I have not heard another word from him, other than to say that because of the way he was treated (HE was treated), he would no longer support Tech football, calling us all the worst fans he had ever run across. If that's the way he feels, GOOD RIDDANCE to him. I can assure you that the vast majority of Tech fans LOVE you son and, whether he patiently stays (we hope) or transfers out, we all pray nothing but the best for him.

Now if you were referring to someone else by "that guy", I apologize for bringing up what have to be sour memories. But I repeat in saying that the vast majority of us LOVE your son.

He got his ass handed to him in that thread and hasn't been seen since.

Not entirely unrelated to this thread ---
1701457526305.png

Of course they, like the mutts, will still get away with it, like they always do.
"Illegally used NIL money..." so as a recent HC said, the going rate for a high level P5 QB is $2M in NIL, how can anyone then "illegally" use NIL money to retain their own players? We all know NIL is just a legal avenue to pay players instead of what it was intended, which is allow players to profit off their fame. Knowing that, how does one illegally use it then?

"Illegally used NIL money..." so as a recent HC said, the going rate for a high level P5 QB is $2M in NIL, how can anyone then "illegally" use NIL money to retain their own players? We all know NIL is just a legal avenue to pay players instead of what it was intended, which is allow players to profit off their fame. Knowing that, how does one illegally use it then?

That isn't the going rate. Rhule is talking out of his ass. We've established that ON3 "valuations" aren't the amount of actual NIL received by players but even if you use their "valuation" there are only 3 QBs with valuations over $2M and only 15 more with valuations over $1M.

Continuing to repeat false information is what's driving this attempt to create a feeding frenzy for players to increase their NIL. It's bad for CFB to play into the media pump.

That isn't the going rate. Rhule is talking out of his ass. We've established that ON3 "valuations" aren't the amount of actual NIL received by players but even if you use their "valuation" there are only 3 QBs with valuations over $2M and only 15 more with valuations over $1M.

Continuing to repeat false information is what's driving this attempt to create a feeding frenzy for players to increase their NIL. It's bad for CFB to play into the media pump.
I wonder how much the actual football players know about what is really available and what is just internet theories. I would think that players are more realistic about what is available and what chance they have to cash in.

He got his ass handed to him in that thread and hasn't been seen since.
One of the fans who would rather be personally right about (insert stat, player, scheme, color, etc) than simply just supporting the team. So naturally he decides to get on a posting board, find the player’s parent, and bless everyone with some supposed technical “knowledge” derived from something he read or watched.

Maybe it’s inherent to the personalities that become engineers, but we seem to have a bigger problem with this than most schools.

One of the fans who would rather be personally right about (insert stat, player, scheme, color, etc) than simply just supporting the team. So naturally he decides to get on a posting board, find the player’s parent, and bless everyone with some supposed technical “knowledge” derived from something he read or watched.

Maybe it’s inherent to the personalities that become engineers, but we seem to have a bigger problem with this than most schools.
The mouth breathers are all knowing mongoloids. It’s not unique to us, ours use bigger words and numbers and öööö to sound smart. The mongoloids make sounds and wave their hands. My brother last night was explaining how the mutts controlled the entire game against us and they were just resting all their players for the seccg. I pointed out that their injured players were pass catchers on offense, and they only punted once, and they averaged like 10 ypc….so Techs better chance at winning would have been a uga team trying to pass the ball more.
the all knowing fan is ubiquitous to super fans imo. Ours are definitely more concentrated and memorable cause there ain’t many.
As always, öööö uga.

Speaking in a very general way, my interactions with engineers is usually the same. They tend to be smart, but do not relate well to other people. On more than one occasion I have seen engineers go out of their way to insult and come across as a boor to make a point. It’s almost that getting their point across is more important than winning a consensus. I wonder if there has ever been a successful politician who was an engineer?

You're wrong. I interact fine with other people. Piss off.

He's not an engineer. He never went to Tech, nor any college at all, if I remember correctly. He served in the military, which is obviously to his credit. But he's simply an arrogant jackass.

FWIW, I googled and can't find that story at ON3 or any reference to it at any publication.

I think Zach's commitment to doing things right is great. He is a good QB and old school tough. I'm sure Key appreciates that. I sleep better knowing that Zach and Haynes are pushing each other for the job, always getting better and if anything (injury or portal) happened to Haynes, we would be in great hands with Zach.

we need more kids like him. Guys like King and Pyron have something called integrity. It’s a testament to their parents too.

First it’s never been about the money for him. He just wants to compete and win, and everyone in that building knows that. CBK is doing things right and the guys who are putting in the work and contributing to CBKs long term vision he has for GT football are being rewarded nicely. That said, and I’m not going to share the details, but Zach is definitely valued by CBK for his attitude, ability to lead if ever called on, and hard-work. He’s extremely grateful to recognized and rewarded. I’ll leave it at that.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a huge fan of his. I think if anything happened to King, he would be just as good. I was responding to a poster who said backups could go in the portal and make millions of dollars so the degree would matter.

I don’t think a guy like Zach would make enough in NIL money at any school that would beat the long-term earning is a GT grad.

Sorry for the confusion.

He's not an engineer. He never went to Tech, nor any college at all, if I remember correctly. He served in the military, which is obviously to his credit. But he's simply an arrogant jackass.

I’m confident, from what I heard from someone who knew him, he never served. If true, I take stuff like personal. I served, along with a lot of my family members, and obviously close friends. So to throw that around and it be a lie is disgusting.

And also, I wasn’t making it up. He really does do that LARPing stuff in medieval festivals or whatever they are called. Yes, he really does run around swinging a sword.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a huge fan of his. I think if anything happened to King, he would be just as good. I was responding to a poster who said backups could go in the portal and make millions of dollars so the degree would matter.

I don’t think a guy like Zach would make enough in NIL money at any school that would beat the long-term earning is a GT grad.

Sorry for the confusion.

I understand what you were saying. I was basically trying to say that I can assure you GT coaches don’t view him as a backup per se. Let’s just say Zach has zero complaints. He’s living comfortably and living his best life. Also so much of what you hear regarding NIL money being thrown at certain players is most always very inaccurate.

But I do get what you were saying. Without saying too much, through back channels schools have reached out inquiring about Zach. All power 5. Let me clear, there were any dollar amounts mentioned, but NIL was brought up. It’s just the nature of this new era of college football. But I commend Zach for being locked in with what he wants and his willingness to be patient. He is just going to take it one day, one practice, one rep at a time.

I’m confident, from what I heard from someone who knew him, he never served. If true, I take stuff like personal. I served, along with a lot of my family members, and obviously close friends. So to throw that around and it be a lie is disgusting.

And also, I wasn’t making it up. He really does do that LARPing stuff in medieval festivals or whatever they are called. Yes, he really does run around swinging a sword.
Like I said, I know him personally, and he claims to be a veteran. I don't remember now which branch of service, or if it were reserves or active duty. But I do know that he never attended Tech nor graduated from any college. As far as the LARPing goes, to be honest, I have never heard the term before, and I don't remember him ever mentioning it, but I certainly have no reason to doubt what you say. After the way he attacked you and Zach, I have no use for him.

Back