2024 Transfer Portal

WTF? Proves that we are still the audition school. Sad.
Wish we had more money.
Wish even more that it wasn't necessary in "college" sports.
It's not that we don't have money, it's that we are trying to spend it wisely. CBs can be replaced. Kenan's a good player but he's not an All American.

(I think that’s a joke)
ZP seems to have a lot of promise in the future and I expect if he sticks it out that he’ll do great things at GT after King moves on. There was once a backup QB at GT named George Godsey who waited in Joe Hamilton’s shadow for two years. We all thought we were screwed when Hamilton graduated… but then Godsey stepped in and had two of our best seasons at QB in modern history. Godsey has had a good career coaching in NFL and College.

I (selfishly) hope zach stays. Get the degree, get the chance to learn from Buster and Weinke. He could have a lot of options for the future after GT if he stays.
Godsey was coached by the best OC to ever walk the sideline.

We are lucky to have the young men we do at Tech representing all of us. I was watching player interviews on YouTube and My uga wife who has no pics commented “do all your players sound smart or just these guys?” Nearly every example we randomly selected was well spoken young man after well spoken young man. I don’t knock any kid who decides it’s in his best interest to go elsewhere. None of us know what their family situations are. They may just need cash, and need it now, and can’t wait for the GT degree to pay out over a life time. No judgement. But the dudes who stick it out at Tech are dudes.

Not entirely unrelated to this thread ---
1701457526305.png

Of course they, like the mutts, will still get away with it, like they always do.

After a lengthy investigation, the NCAA has determined there was no violation because UNC gave the players 'bitcoin', which is not real money.

There sure seems to be a lot of potentially impactful transfers these days! What's that about?

(I think that’s a joke)
ZP seems to have a lot of promise in the future and I expect if he sticks it out that he’ll do great things at GT after King moves on. There was once a backup QB at GT named George Godsey who waited in Joe Hamilton’s shadow for two years. We all thought we were screwed when Hamilton graduated… but then Godsey stepped in and had two of our best seasons at QB in modern history. Godsey has had a good career coaching in NFL and College.

I (selfishly) hope zach stays. Get the degree, get the chance to learn from Buster and Weinke. He could have a lot of options for the future after GT if he stays.

Oh yeah that guy! Completely forgot about the old QB guru. I actually learned that he was a regular in medieval fairs doing role play or I think they call it LARPing. Saw a pic or two…makes total sense now he was such an expert on QB mechanics. I guess swinging a sword and throwing a football are actually a lot alike.

Back