2025 Mutts game

At Cal Berkley and home against Syracuse is more exciting to you? When we're relegated behind the SEC and B1G in every recruit and general national fans's mind? And we're broke? And our fate if remaining in the ACC is inevitable irrelevancy? That's cool, we just have different hopes for Georgia Tech's long-term outcome.
Cal Berkeley is much more preferred to Rutgers or Maryland or Iowa or Northwestern or Michigan State and several other BIG10 schools.

Thoughts and comments...

1. There will be a game played at MBS in 2026 too. There are 11 games scheduled so far and only two opponents that look like decent matchups of those scheduled games. One is Louisville, who we already played there. The other is Colorado Prime Buffaloes, which is Labor Day weekend when they typically hold MBS games. With an open game on our schedule it is possible that we could play a marquee team in Week 0. My bet is Colorado.

2. I don't see a problem with not including the U(sic)ga game in the ST package. It allows those of you that are offended by it to choose to go. You'd probably be complaining more if they included it at the price it will cost.

3. BDS seating capacity after the renovation will be 45,000. That's not large enough to draw interest from SEC/B1G conferences once we're free to be considered. We need a nearby 'home' stadium that compares to the other conferences and MBS needs to be considered OUR other home.

4. With the creation of Science Square, the Tech campus will be separated from MBS by a parking lot and the WTC. That's close enough for consideration. Hell, it isn't a bad walk to the stadium from campus as it is.

5. We eventually need to play all 'marquee games at MBS. It will help recruiting. To tell a recruit that BDS is our home stadium for minor games, but they get to play (and practice) at an NFL stadium for potentially half our games is a major selling point for recruits.

6. Those that think we will be overwhelmed by the away crowd at MBS aren't embracing the long term vision that we all have for our team - being a perennial Top Ten team that no one wants to play and chalks up as a loss. Bobby Bowden once had his team play anyone, anytime to grow his program. He gave up home games to do it. We're not giving up any home field advantage by moving to one of the best stadiums in the world less than a mile away from campus.
Northwestern’s new Ryan Field will have a capacity of 35,000. Better to have less capacity that is full and exciting rather than an empty looking big stadium.

Thoughts and comments...

1. There will be a game played at MBS in 2026 too. There are 11 games scheduled so far and only two opponents that look like decent matchups of those scheduled games. One is Louisville, who we already played there. The other is Colorado Prime Buffaloes, which is Labor Day weekend when they typically hold MBS games. With an open game on our schedule it is possible that we could play a marquee team in Week 0. My bet is Colorado.

2. I don't see a problem with not including the U(sic)ga game in the ST package. It allows those of you that are offended by it to choose to go. You'd probably be complaining more if they included it at the price it will cost.

3. BDS seating capacity after the renovation will be 45,000. That's not large enough to draw interest from SEC/B1G conferences once we're free to be considered. We need a nearby 'home' stadium that compares to the other conferences and MBS needs to be considered OUR other home.

4. With the creation of Science Square, the Tech campus will be separated from MBS by a parking lot and the WTC. That's close enough for consideration. Hell, it isn't a bad walk to the stadium from campus as it is.

5. We eventually need to play all 'marquee games at MBS. It will help recruiting. To tell a recruit that BDS is our home stadium for minor games, but they get to play (and practice) at an NFL stadium for potentially half our games is a major selling point for recruits.

6. Those that think we will be overwhelmed by the away crowd at MBS aren't embracing the long term vision that we all have for our team - being a perennial Top Ten team that no one wants to play and chalks up as a loss. Bobby Bowden once had his team play anyone, anytime to grow his program. He gave up home games to do it. We're not giving up any home field advantage by moving to one of the best stadiums in the world less than a mile away from campus.
This is perhaps the biggest pile of horseshit I’ve ever seen on Stingtalk, and that’s quite an accomplishment.

JRjr

This is perhaps the biggest pile of horseshit I’ve ever seen on Stingtalk, and that’s quite an accomplishment.

JRjr
Thank you.

And you, JJ, and the other pussies on this board can’t get past the fact that not only has the college football world changed to the point that a tiny BDS 60% filled with the other team’s fans IS NOT going to fulfill your expectation that our football team is annually competitive with the best in the country. You’ve already resigned our team to second tier status because your 80-something year-old grandfather (or your own damn self) needs to die at a BDS home game.

J, or Jason, as some of you think is cute to call him, isn’t just trying to fix our financial problems. He’s attempting to bring us champions. Frankly, he doesn’t GAF if you or I bitch, or stay home. He’s here to fix our damn problems - on the field/court AND at the bank.He knows damn well that if he fails, his career trajectory is headed in the wrong direction. He has told me that if he succeeds and gets poached, we will be in a great spot. I trust that.

Thank you.

And you, JJ, and the other pussies on this board can’t get past the fact that not only has the college football world changed to the point that a tiny BDS 60% filled with the other team’s fans IS NOT going to fulfill your expectation that our football team is annually competitive with the best in the country. You’ve already resigned our team to second tier status because your 80-something year-old grandfather (or your own damn self) needs to die at a BDS home game.

J, or Jason, as some of you think is cute to call him, isn’t just trying to fix our financial problems. He’s attempting to bring us champions. Frankly, he doesn’t GAF if you or I bitch, or stay home. He’s here to fix our damn problems - on the field/court AND at the bank.He knows damn well that if he fails, his career trajectory is headed in the wrong direction. He has told me that if he succeeds and gets poached, we will be in a great spot. I trust that.
Yeah, that Jason öööö is irritating.

Thank you.

Go öööö yourself, douchebag. He's not bringing us a championship by playing in MBS anymore than Pitt is gonna win a natty playing in Steelers stadium

Thank you.

Since you seem to be quoting our AD, are you saying he has told you he doesn’t GAF if we as fans come to the games or not, or are you just making stuff up. Since you personally have had a conversation with him, Im assuming that is how he feels about us as fans and his customers/employers.

A grown ass man going professionally by J is ööööing stupid
What about TJ Watt? Or JJ Watt or even Retouch_20241017_220551063.png?

Thank you.

You think our problem is that we play our home games in our home stadium? God damn you’re retarded.

JRjr

Y'all talk like if we get the $10M from playing in MBS just this once, then our finances will be fixed and we can go back to playing at BDS. Wrong, and we already know it's wrong because what started as just a few MBS games is now becoming "every game that draws a big enough crowd to fill our stadium is played at MBS".

In the long term the MBS games will hurt our program by taking away from what makes a Georgia Tech home football game special: a game played on one of college football's most historic fields with a cool cityscape backdrop. Instead we'll just play in some soulless megastadium like every other school else except with fewer "home" fans and less of an identity.

Bigger is not always better. More short-term money is not always better.

I'm surprised more people don't have this conservative attitude but I guess people want to think that whatever the current AD is doing is great. At first a lot of people thought the switch to turf was money smart and we grass conservatives were in the minority...

Back