2025 Mutts game

Not today, tomorrow. Just look at your email.

1729094421261.png
Growing up, there was a gas station that would advertise “Free Beer Tomorrow”

It’s also important to remember that Key ( @OlearyLookAlike) is only making $2.9M which ranks #61 in college football. That’s clearly not going to be the case in the next few years. Either he’s gonna make significantly more or whomever replaces him will.

If we want to pay #61 money, we have to expect #61 performance.

We need money. I think Jason would sell just about anything at this point to get it.

This is a slippery slope because we're going to be perennially struggling financially.

How should GT address this? The program is going to need more and more $ to try and just keep pace with teams within the conference. A small fanbase that doesn’t give money are two huge issues to overcome.

The options are more money or … ?

I don’t understand. You realize it already is red at BDS now? So you think not taking $10 million and providing GT the same opportunity to buy tickets is somehow unfair? JBatt didn’t go and have UGA pay GT $10 million to play in Athens back to back years. It’s a neutral site game a helluva lot closer to GT than UGA.

If you don’t understand why GT took the opportunity to move games to BDS the last few years, ND this year, and now UGA next year, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s about $$$$. And GT needs it to compete in the new world of football. TStan and now JBatt have made business decisions in the best interest of GT. Period.

Your argument should be more with the fact that honestly BDS is too big for GT capacity wise right now. 45-48k is probably where it needs to be reduced to. GT hasn’t come close to a sellout this year at BDS. So what exactly is JBatt doing wrong?

My Daddy started taking me to Tech football games when they were the biggest thing in the state. It was before my time, but there was a time when Georgia used to play some of their home games at Grant Field. Not many, but some.

But, soon after I became a Tech fan, the downward slide began. Bobby Dodd made the horrible decision to get Tech out of the SEC, Georgia became a dominant football power, and the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Flames took over Atlanta. However, it took longer for a generation of people who remembered Dodd's glory days to die. That's what brought attendance at Tech games down to such a deplorable and depressing level.

I think Batt has done a lot of good things. But, I am just confused by what I hear about finances. We are horribly in debt one day and raising half a billion dollars to put chair seats in Grant Field the next. If we can do that, I don't know why we have to sell our biggest home games.

People can go around and around about whether this is good or bad. Most people think it's bad but necessary. I think that if it's really necessary, then Tech football has sunk too low to spend half a billion dollars on new seats for Grant Field. But, I am not in tune with most people. Really, what I think is irrelevant. It's just hard for me to face the fact that Tech has had to sell its home game with Georgia to pay for uniforms or something else that's necessary to keep things going.

I hope we beat Notre Dame and win out and get in the playoffs. Maybe we can back into the ACC championship game, win the ACC, and host Georgia in the playoffs at Grant Field.

My Daddy started taking me to Tech football games when they were the biggest thing in the state. It was before my time, but there was a time when Georgia used to play some of their home games at Grant Field. Not many, but some.

But, soon after I became a Tech fan, the downward slide began. Bobby Dodd made the horrible decision to get Tech out of the SEC, Georgia became a dominant football power, and the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Flames took over Atlanta. However, it took longer for a generation of people who remembered Dodd's glory days to die. That's what brought attendance at Tech games down to such a deplorable and depressing level.

I think Batt has done a lot of good things. But, I am just confused by what I hear about finances. We are horribly in debt one day and raising half a billion dollars to put chair seats in Grant Field the next. If we can do that, I don't know why we have to sell our biggest home games.

People can go around and around about whether this is good or bad. Most people think it's bad but necessary. I think that if it's really necessary, then Tech football has sunk too low to spend half a billion dollars on new seats for Grant Field. But, I am not in tune with most people. Really, what I think is irrelevant. It's just hard for me to face the fact that Tech has had to sell its home game with Georgia to pay for uniforms or something else that's necessary to keep things going.

I hope we beat Notre Dame and win out and get in the playoffs. Maybe we can back into the ACC championship game, win the ACC, and host Georgia in the playoffs at Grant Field.
It’s not that hard. We are horribly in debt due to some stupid decisions made by prior athletic directors (Geoff, Hewitt perpetual contract), arguably stupid decisions (early 2000s expansion), and just general mismanagement (the reseating that pissed off long time AT donors). We are servicing that debt. We will be for a long time.

In the meantime, if we have any hope of competing, we have to do things that raise immediate funds for immediate things that keep us competitive. That is stuff like NIL, stadium renovations that keep us from looking like a IAA dump, and supporting the salaries of good coaches. Doing stuff like Hyundai field, renegotiating the games at MBS for a $10m guarantee for ONE GAME, and incessant ads at games are the ways we make that money. We have to do those things because our fan base is full of the type who brag to their friends about the frugality of the 1993 Camry they use to commute.

You nailed a lot of great points in this post. GT leaving the sec was the worst decision from an athletics standpoint the school ever made. That said, as time went on and college sports grew to what they now have become, fandom changed with it. GT lost a lot of fans while the state Georgia (population) and the Southeast as a whole grew due to a lot of the academic hurdles in place. People started gravitating more to the big name in-state school(s).

Fact is, GT is an institution of higher learning first and foremost, and should never have to waiver from that core value. But the school also neutered the football program under certain leadership combined with the corrupt NCAA enacting and enforcing APR.

Hopefully now that GT has the right people in place from a President down to AD and staff, combined with the NCAA losing its power, GT can regain its footing. If Stanford can win the P12 and play in Rose Bowl’s under Harbaugh and Shaw, then GT can make real runs at a 12 and eventually 16 team CFP. Whether that’s in the ACC or B1G in the future. The Transfer Portal has really leveled CFB in just 2 years time.

From a fan attendance issue, not really sure what the fix is for that. As CFB exploded and all games are on TV from noon until 2:30 am, I know I am one of the people who even before moving out of Georgia would rather enjoy watching the games on TV with unlimited beer and no traffic. This is the hardest thing for not only CFB to overcome, but the NFL. As ticket prices continue to rise, what incentive are fans getting?

I can assure you of one thing. If GT makes the Duke Mayo Bowl, I will be in attendance this year.

From a fan attendance issue, not really sure what the fix is for that. As CFB exploded and all games are on TV from noon until 2:30 am, I know I am one of the people who even before moving out of Georgia would rather enjoy watching the games on TV with unlimited beer and no traffic. This is the hardest thing for not only CFB to overcome, but the NFL. As ticket prices continue to rise, what incentive are fans getting?

I don't think the NFL is concerned about that at all. They make most of their money on TV, and they have no problem filling up stadiums to make it look good on TV.

It's a bigger concern for cfb because there are so many teams that the fan base is split across and even the ones with huge fan bases often have stadiums in places that are hard to get to.

I don't know what the answer is either, other than the obvious: the old model of CFB (120 top division teams) doesn't really work as a pure business okay, and as CFB completes its transition to being purely about business, some of them are going to die.

Presenting the 2026 Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket RedBullAI®-enabled HelmetLive Experience!!

Users will be able to watch all Georgia Tech sports LIVE in 3D, with enhanced reality features such as picking your own seat, choosing your own neighboring fans (need not be alive) partnering up with other HelmetLive users, choosing your own band and PA offerings, and much more!

For a small added cost, enjoy alternative endings and in-game food ordering! Watch the game you wish we had played, or should have played. Also, a small NIL fee gives access to "ringers," exceptional players who never appeared in high school or in the portal. Angus McCrusher, Veloz Velocidad, TF Loss, all can be added for marginal fees! Bring back past greats or build your own hero!

Choose your shade of gold, select uniform colors, even add the Steam Whistle with a small donation to Full Steam Ahead!

From the comfort of your own home, institute your own personal excellence with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets RedBullAI®-enabled HelmetLive Experience!! Surround yourself with your own preferences and only those fans you wish to. Hear only Georgia Tech announcers. See only the results you want.

Besides saving time and aggravation, the helmet also protects you from unreasonable requests from significant others, public safety officers, or the tax man. DolbyVR technology with 4Dsound speakers make this technology amazingly sexy!

Place your advance order now! Every order comes with a Georgia Tech white & old gold RedBull polo shirt.

Neutral venue games may be priced separately.

For 2027, active Stingtalk integration with heads up vocal response capability.

Turn your Gold Standard picks into your hostesses. Throw @JJacket from the upper deck. Have BuzzCzar attacked and ejected by a raving gang of nihilists!

Fire the coach in the middle of the game and post about it live.

The future is yours to decide.

CPJ had the perfect response to moving the game to MBS: “I would rather have played in Athens,” Johnson wrote in a text to The AJC. “We seemed to do better there.”

Back