2025 Mutts game

"One time thing", ha!!! Don't be a sucker. Look where the Notre Dame game is this weekend.

We're relegating our awesome stadium to some museum piece we only break out for weeny opponents with small fanbases.
If we would just expand our stadium to 80,000 seats, we wouldn’t have to play in MBS. Right?

If we would just expand our stadium to 80,000 seats, we wouldn’t have to play an MBS. Right?
Our capacity is our capacity. We shouldn't extend it to meet demand spikes. If demand is greater than seats, we end up with a TRULY full stadium that is rocking and BDS is a hot ticket

I'm not a huge fan, but for $10 million and being a 1 time thing isn't that bad.
So for 12 million we should do it for 2027? 14 for 2029? Why should we stop? Didn’t Stansbury assure us that COFH was not going to be at MBS as part of this deal?

You need to stop and think a minute about those people that are already basically paying $500-750 per ticket season ticket and now have lost their best home game and are not getting any younger. I think that is why they at least did say something about first priority tickets because to use your frankness - the MB tickets recieved in the past for their contributions have excuse my french - sucked!!!!

We need to lose the crowd that thinks this is a discount ticket program and go for fans that pay what is required to maintain a serious program. The fair weather fans suck anyway.

Cant support a program with weak support. I'd rather give left over tix to local high schools to create future fans or even recruits than sell them for cheap.

Marketing 101

"One time thing", ha!!! Don't be a sucker. Look where the Notre Dame game is this weekend.

We're relegating our awesome, one-of-a-kind stadium to some museum piece we only break out for weeny opponents with small fanbases.
Get a grip dude, it's one game. You're creating a paper tiger that doesn't exist.

Get a grip dude, it's one game. You're creating a paper tiger that doesn't exist.
We'll play games at MBS for national exposure, but never COFH..

Well, it's just one game...

It's a complete rebuild...

It's a roster overhaul...

Citadel wanted it more...

You'll still get to keep your UGA tickets...

When does it end with you people? UGAg gets everything they want, at a price that's a drop in the bucket for them. By 2032, we'll never play UGAg in BDS again. Save the receipt.

If the $10M goes toward grass I'd be all for it.

But we are going to quickly spend the $10M just keeping up with other schools. Then at the next opportunity we'll sell out for another round of MBS money. This is a slippery slope because we're going to be perennially struggling financially.

But that’s the whole issue. GT fans don’t even go when it’s at BDS. Why not get more $$$ and a chance that GT can get 35-40k in attendance at MBS?

Sitting in the upper East surrounded by 90% red is already miserable, if not downright dangerous. Might as well make $10M if we’re going to suffer through the inevitable invasion.

When does it end with you people? UGAg gets everything they want, at a price that's a drop in the bucket for them.

Yeah, because they win a lot of games and have a lot of money coming in to the athletic department. The highest probability way to close the gap is bringing in more money which is what this does. If we did it your way with our head in the sand we are doing nothing but accelerating ourselves to being irrelevant. Your way we end up in FCS. But all our games are at Bobby Dodd is I guess that means we're successful? Batt's way at least has the possibility of us ending up revelant again.

Our capacity is our capacity. We shouldn't extend it to meet demand spikes. If demand is greater than seats, we end up with a TRULY full stadium that is rocking and BDS is a hot ticket
What will be the capacity of BDS after the renovation converting to all chair back seats?

We'll play games at MBS for national exposure, but never COFH..

Well, it's just one game...

It's a complete rebuild...

It's a roster overhaul...

Citadel wanted it more...

You'll still get to keep your UGA tickets...

When does it end with you people? UGAg gets everything they want, at a price that's a drop in the bucket for them. By 2032, we'll never play UGAg in BDS again. Save the receipt.

Personally, I would rather drop our series with them than sell our home game to suit them and play in a bright red stadium.

If we really have raised $300 million to refurbish Grant Field, we don't need to sell our most important home games to help our opponents. Is there anything J Batt wouldn't sell? Maybe, we could sell our nickname to Wall Mart and call ourselves the "Shoppers." Maybe we could sell the "Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech" to some school that want a to upgrade its fight song.

Back