2025 Mutts game

The SEC wants to schedule more Big Ten - SEC matchups. Big Ten says then you better play 9 conference games. These old rivalries with ACC schools are in the way unless those ACC teams join the Big Ten. UGA gets nothing but risk from having us on the schedule. They lose Big Ten games and they lose an SEC game for the chance of looking bad losing to us.
I think we will be in the big 10 before long

I hate it but also 10 million is a lot.

Most of the old money fan base skips this game or sells their tickets to mutts anyways. Can’t remember the last time it’s been majority tech fans against our biggest rival.

Oh btw we win this year in Athens. :)

If you want to see something Dad go look at the ticket availability for the Notre Dame game. Tons of prime seats remain unsold.

To be blunt if we are gonna compete in cfb with big boys we gotta have money simple this is the decision that will help that for those crying you donate 20 mil to have it be a home game a bds

But that’s the whole issue. GT fans don’t even go when it’s at BDS. Why not get more $$$ and a chance that GT can get 35-40k in attendance at MBS?
If we ain't sellin out BDS on our own for COFH, we damn sure ain't doing it at the Benz. We'll get the same crowd, if not smaller, of Tech fans at MBS than we would have at BDS/HGF.
we basically just sold a home game to UGa. The $10M is coming from Arthur Blank instead of UGa.
Wonder what the breakdown is on who gets what from the cut of ticket sales. And how much is really going to the Mutts.

I went in 04,06,08,14,16. I only ever had one negative experience and i was far from innocent myself. I guess when I say benign, it’s relative. The games in Atlanta are nasty. I’ve gotten into physical altercations outside BDS.
I've been to three non Tech games at Georgia - UVa back in the 80s, Clemson in the 90s and the first Georgia Southern game. Wasn't sitting in the masses for the UVa game (a doctor friend who is a Georgia booster gave us his seats). The other two games weren't too bad, as far as the crowd.
Going to Tech games at Sanford, we're usually in a box. And the first time I went to that box, it was half Tech fans in there (the comeback in 08).
Now that ... was a good time.

If we ain't sellin out BDS on our own for COFH, we damn sure ain't doing it at the Benz. We'll get the same crowd, if not smaller, of Tech fans at MBS than we would have at BDS/HGF.
we basically just sold a home game to UGa. The $10M is coming from Arthur Blank instead of UGa.
Wonder what the breakdown is on who gets what from the cut of ticket sales. And how much is really going to the Mutts.
So what’s the negative though? GT is getting paid more to play at MBS with as much of a chance to bring 40k as UGA has. If GT doesn’t sell 30-40k, it’s no different than what it’s looked like at BDS recently. Benefit is, a solid payout to help with the future of football.

If you want to see something Dad go look at the ticket availability for the Notre Dame game. Tons of prime seats remain unsold.
Which is surprising honestly. I really thought just the ND factor would sell this out.

UGA has us by the balls. They want to cancel this series badly.
That’s completely false. UGA has no intention of canceling the series. What reason would they have at this point to do so?

Even playing 1 B1G game a year leaves 2 other OOC games with a 9 game sec schedule.

I would bet very little is going to the mutts, if anything. MBS wants butts in seats and we have them, even if they aren't our butts. Unless tickets for this one average 200 bucks and they fill the stadium, there really isn't much room for anyone else to be taking home much bank after our 10 mil. Tbh this seems like a huge gamble by the venue.

I'd guess the powers that be wouldn't allow the GT / UGAg game to be cancelled, but they are beholden to UGAg

I’m ok with this as a one off. I mean I saw the renovation in our club section is going cost $10,000 per seat, I really don’t want to add $40,000 to stay in my seats.

Said it in the tweet posted. One time only.
You think J Batt is through taking $10M for a home game? Doesn't seem likely to me. He said 2027 would be back in BDS. Who knows after that. (And regarding 2027, a lot can happen in a couple years to make someone change their mind.)

Back