2025 Mutts game

Bush league. We gave away our home game against our biggest rival. öööö.

Yes I completely understand this makes financial sense and we will make money. But öööö. We gave away a home game. To sell UGA fans more tickets. Not even part of our season ticket package.

BUSH. LEAGUE. This is sad. Joke. Go ahead. Load me with big cries.
It’s small time. It what world do you grow a fanbase by taking your team’s most highly sought after home ticket and proceed to push it off campus or to entire different continent over a 5 year period? That what we’ve done and put up with as fans.

It’s the sound of Tech football’s death rattle.

Sorry you guys are butt-hurt, but the world has changed drastically in the last 5 years and we need a öööö-load more cash if we want to play at the highest level.

Starting next year Tech needs a minimum of $22M more per year due to revenue sharing with players and the House v NCAA settlement. This one game makes up at least $8M of that per J Batt's video. We still need to find another $14M just to meet the table stakes in 2025. That doesn't include NIL or Full Steam Ahead.

I hope y'all $150k now instead of $80k and are willing to spend proportionally, or get used to being at the bottom of P4 football.

It is part of the email he sent out explaining the 2025 Georgia game had been sold away from Grant Field for 10 million.
Ah. Resultant from a lawsuit against NCAA. Not just his idea. I misread your initial post that it was just something he wanted to do for funsies.

Four total years of no COFH at BDS. So 4 years of no dawg fans at BDS? It ain't a bad thing. Especially after i got shouted at and taunted in my own seats last year. Plus $10 million. Sure.

I understand the decision. I don’t like it. It is worse for the students. One of the unique things about Tech football is the proximity of the fraternity and sorority houses and some dorms to the stadium. Many visiting fans comment to me about the great vibe the students mixing with alums at the houses creates as you approach the stadium. This is why shifting our pregame stuff to the North Avenue side of the stadium is not very effective. Now, four year undergrads lose one of their two opportunities to attend a rivalry game with UGA on campus. Moving our best games downtown is terrible for students, alums, and season ticket holders. But, if you are cash strapped competing in a ridiculously expensive system I get it. I just don’t like it at all.

It’s small time. It what world do you grow a fanbase by taking your team’s most highly sought after home ticket and proceed to push it off campus or to entire different continent over a 5 year period? That what we’ve done and put up with as fans.

It’s the sound of Tech football’s death rattle.

A world with two charactersitics:

1) Your school already agreed to do this due to a contract signed by your predecessor who was fired for gross incompetence (don't pour one out for Stansbury).

2) The game is mostly sought after by fans of your rival team, to the point where someone who doesn't know what's going on would think it's the other team's stadium, and someone who does know what's going on would say, "Holy crap, they've taken over your stadium".

I hated the MBS series from the beginning. But given that Stansbury already agreed to it, getting a hugely increased payout while giving away what is currenty essentially worse than an away game (seeing 80%+ U[sic]GA in BDS is sickening) is a good thing to me.

As for the Dublin game, that did more to grow our fanbase than any game in years. We got an absolute ton of both local and national press out of that and it generated a great crowd for us the next week -- our home opener attendance this year was significantly higher than any home game last year outside of COFH, and no doubt most of that was down to the buzz generated by that week 0 win on the international stage.

Obviously a lot of that was due to beating a highly ranked FSU, but being the only game on, as well as the first game of the season, wildly magnified the attention it got.

A world with two charactersitics:

1) Your school already agreed to do this due to a contract signed by your predecessor who was fired for gross incompetence (don't pour one out for Stansbury).

2) The game is mostly sought after by fans of your rival team, to the point where someone who doesn't know what's going on would think it's the other team's stadium, and someone who does know what's going on would say, "Holy crap, they've taken over your stadium".

I hated the MBS series from the beginning. But given that Stansbury already agreed to it, getting a hugely increased payout while giving away what is currenty essentially worse than an away game (seeing 80%+ U[sic]GA in BDS is sickening) is a good thing to me.

As for the Dublin game, that did more to grow our fanbase than any game in years. We got an absolute ton of both local and national press out of that and it generated a great crowd for us the next week -- our home opener attendance this year was significantly higher than any home game last year outside of COFH, and no doubt most of that was down to the buzz generated by that week 0 win on the international stage.

Obviously a lot of that was due to beating a highly ranked FSU, but being the only game on, as well as the first game of the season, wildly magnified the attention it got.
The only people pissed about Ireland are the ones who didn’t go. It was an awesome trip. 10/10. Would do again.

Personally, I would rather drop our series with them than sell our home game to suit them and play in a bright red stadium.

If we really have raised $300 million to refurbish Grant Field, we don't need to sell our most important home games to help our opponents. Is there anything J Batt wouldn't sell? Maybe, we could sell our nickname to Wall Mart and call ourselves the "Shoppers." Maybe we could sell the "Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech" to some school that want a to upgrade its fight song.
I don’t understand. You realize it already is red at BDS now? So you think not taking $10 million and providing GT the same opportunity to buy tickets is somehow unfair? JBatt didn’t go and have UGA pay GT $10 million to play in Athens back to back years. It’s a neutral site game a helluva lot closer to GT than UGA.

If you don’t understand why GT took the opportunity to move games to BDS the last few years, ND this year, and now UGA next year, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s about $$$$. And GT needs it to compete in the new world of football. TStan and now JBatt have made business decisions in the best interest of GT. Period.

Your argument should be more with the fact that honestly BDS is too big for GT capacity wise right now. 45-48k is probably where it needs to be reduced to. GT hasn’t come close to a sellout this year at BDS. So what exactly is JBatt doing wrong?

We are supposed to be able to renew season tickets as of today. I don't see that option in my account. Our tickets operations are second to none.

I agree we needed the money. Although at times I wonder if we are fighting a winless battle. It's going to take a lot more that $10MM to compete with the dawgnation, rolltide inbreds and orange checkered jumpsuits. Let's not lose all our principals. I'll give this one a bye once in 25 but we can't do this forever. I like Batt.

We are supposed to be able to renew season tickets as of today. I don't see that option in my account. Our tickets operations are second to none.

Not today, tomorrow. Just look at your email.

1729094421261.png

Back