+21

I’m surprised it’s not more than that. With what Georgia did last year and the fact that they return their QB, most of their WRs, all the TEs, their OL, and will have a stable of 5 Star running backs, why would you think that Georgia Tech would have a chance to cover 21???
Well, if we could score 14 we would be in pretty good shape. Couldn't last year and gave up 38. If the new DC could keep it under 30, it would be a good wager. A spread of 14 in a rival game is huge, and this is an indication of just lopsided the quality is right now. I think it will be down in the range of 10-12 by November.

The playoff has got everybody skewed that UGA just suddenly reached heights they had never been to before. They had an almost identical season in 2012, when they blew us out and were inches away from a win against Bama.

The next year they didn't lead us until the last score in overtime, and lost to us the year after that. The year after that they fired their coach.

They had 33 seniors leave. We have most of our offense intact and the defense will not as bad as last year's. If you're one of the Tech fans who look at every uga game as a loss before it's even played, you should probably find a different hobby.
They had 33 seniors leave. We have most of our offense intact and the defense will not as bad as last year's. If you're one of the Tech fans who look at every uga game as a loss before it's even played, you should probably find a different hobby.

"We have most of our offense intact..."

This is a guaranteed good thing?

"the defense will not be as bad as last year's.."

We hope? We know for sure?

So "guaranteed" and "knowing for sure" are the standards you're going with? Internet message boards in the off-season probably aren't for you.

An offense with one more year of experience is better than the previous year's. I remember when Synjyn Days was fumbling 1 out of every 4 carry. His senior year he was an integral part of our success. Not every kid grows with experience, but generally most kids get better. There's nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about it.

Yes the defense will be absolutely better because Ted Roof, while hes a great Tech man, doesnt know how to stop 8 bubble screens in a row when everyone in the whole stadium knew it was coming. Not even looking at Woody's credentials or the fact that he held Georgia to their third lowest rushing yards last year with App State's players, I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the defense will be better.

Yes the defense will be absolutely better because Ted Roof, while hes a great Tech man, doesnt know how to stop 8 bubble screens in a row when everyone in the whole stadium knew it was coming. Not even looking at Woody's credentials or the fact that he held Georgia to their third lowest rushing yards last year with App State's players, I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the defense will be better.

I hope this doesn’t wind up in the worst sports predictions thread.

An offense with one more year of experience is better than the previous year's. I remember when Synjyn Days was fumbling 1 out of every 4 carry. His senior year he was an integral part of our success. Not every kid grows with experience, but generally most kids get better. There's nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about it.

I know that Roof-bashing is very much in vogue right now. I have done it myself, with vigor. However, is there maybe just a little room for holding our defensive players accountable? Maybe, just maybe, they were getting adequate coaching and direction, but they JUST DON'T LISTEN? The cliché is "coaches coach, and players play." I think Nate Woody can be an improvement, but the players have to do better as well. I don't think last year was a total case of good players not being put in situations to be successful. More like mediocre players playing in a less than stellar manner.

I know that Roof-bashing is very much in vogue right now. I have done it myself, with vigor. However, is there maybe just a little room for holding our defensive players accountable? Maybe, just maybe, they were getting adequate coaching and direction, but they JUST DON'T LISTEN? The cliché is "coaches coach, and players play." I think Nate Woody can be an improvement, but the players have to do better as well. I don't think last year was a total case of good players not being put in situations to be successful. More like mediocre players playing in a less than stellar manner.

That's still the coaches' fault.

I think the new guy, Woody, is an outstanding choice. But at some point, it's got to be about somebody bringing in talent in accordance with the ACC Coastal norms. Dave Wommack wasn't good enough for Tech--then he went to Ole Miss and led the nation in scoring defense. Whatever they did to get those players (and we're finding out) is not the point. The point is how much better he looked when given defenders to coordinate. I like Woody because I saw how he used 1-star type players against much better teams, so that's a positive. But the root problem here is talent more than Roof or Groh or Wommack. \dead horse

I had no clue they made spreads for individual games this far out.

Why not? Numbers move all the time and Vegas can protect itself by adjusting the lines for injuries, weather, performance...etc

This is designed to gobble up the money of drunk ass, arrogant fans.

I think the new guy, Woody, is an outstanding choice. But at some point, it's got to be about somebody bringing in talent in accordance with the ACC Coastal norms. Dave Wommack wasn't good enough for Tech--then he went to Ole Miss and led the nation in scoring defense. Whatever they did to get those players (and we're finding out) is not the point. The point is how much better he looked when given defenders to coordinate. I like Woody because I saw how he used 1-star type players against much better teams, so that's a positive. But the root problem here is talent more than Roof or Groh or Wommack. \dead horse

All of this is true.

I'm only actually responding to ask you whether you chose your avatar out of irony or whether some mod stuck it in your account as a joke.

What's the spread for the Clemson game? That one might be worse. :facepalm:

It should be worse. Clemson's current DC absolutely knows how to use his jimmies and joes to beat our Xs and Os. Whether he could compete with CPJ on an even playing field is questionable, but Vennables knows exactly how to not get beaten by worse talent.

It should be worse. Clemson's current DC absolutely knows how to use his jimmies and joes to beat our Xs and Os. Whether he could compete with CPJ on an even playing field is questionable, but Vennables knows exactly how to not get beaten by worse talent.

Well, unless that talent is Pitt or cuse.

Back