#25 Jeff Sims

Lol at the guy that keeps trying to trash Bobby Dodd.
Give me an f'n break.

Lol at the guy that keeps trying to trash Bobby Dodd.
Give me an f'n break.
My thoughts exactly. He must have had a bad experience with him or something. My experience was he was just a class act who loved Tech. He could have left for exponentially more money at places like Texas, and he never did.

His bad experience was probably his grandfather attending uga, when they lost 8 in row.

It's my impression that it can be harmful to a QB's development if he's sent to play before he has acquired some confidence and poise in the system. That is probably more true when the OL is not able to provide the support he needs. There are a lot of mental aspects of playing QB at the college level that can turn into bad habits if they are not ready. I think the coaching staff will be more interested in developing a high ceiling than rushing to put the most talented prospect on the field, though playing in the spring will speed up that process some.

My 2 cents: I expect that one of the "other 3" (Yates, Gleason, Sims) will be as good at running the offense and making most of the passes as Graham is by early in the season but the reason that Graham is likely to keep the job is because he is the best athlete, best runner of the group, and can make something happen even when the blocking breaks down. I expect the OL to be improved but not great early in the season.

BTW, I know "the other 3" are all good runners but Graham is likely on another level.

So my hope is that Graham improves on his passing that it isn't even a debate of who should start.

This is pretty much my take in addition to Graham having a year headstart on live reps.

My thoughts exactly. He must have had a bad experience with him or something. My experience was he was just a class act who loved Tech. He could have left for exponentially more money at places like Texas, and he never did.
For every coach we have ever had, there is, always has been, and always will be at least one person on this board who despises them for some reason or another. Usually the reasons given look like something out of an angry teenager's xanga. But I'll at least say this, for @texstinger , he has his reasons and regardless of his personal bias, he at least has reasons that are not utterly devoid of logic. Most of the coach hating on this board has no substance whatsoever or is just lazy trolling.

I kinda forgot the details, but there's a meta strategy for how to best stay eligible from day one that can help to eliminate risk while also keeping you on track. It does not involve taking more coursework during the season...lmao.

As @Buzz_PhD said, I think it was more an after-the-fact thing, where he needed to take more coursework for awhile after falling behind initially in the classroom, and that basically lasted through the summer. No guarantee he would've started game 1 anyway, but I think those circumstances made it that much less likely he would be QB1 to start last season.

For every coach we have ever had, there is, always has been, and always will be at least one person on this board who despises them for some reason or another. Usually the reasons given look like something out of an angry teenager's xanga. But I'll at least say this, for @texstinger , he has his reasons and regardless of his personal bias, he at least has reasons that are not utterly devoid of logic. Most of the coach hating on this board has no substance whatsoever or is just lazy trolling.

Dodd probably banged his mom or got em with a Deez Nuts or something

This thread is like Boomer central. Just like our north upper endzone.

This thread is like Boomer central. Just like our north upper endzone.
I'm in the lower upper north. 218. Not far from 223 as the crow flies. However, the way our stadium is layed out, it'd take 20 minutes to get from 218 to 223

I'm in the lower upper north. 218. Not far from 223 as the crow flies. However, the way our stadium is layed out, it'd take 20 minutes to get from 218 to 223
And why don’t you ever come down to say hi to me and @GT flunkout ? I’m the bald Cuban looking guy standing next to handsome Lieutenant Dan in the electric wheelchair right below you.

And why don’t you ever come down to say hi to me and @GT flunkout ? I’m the bald Cuban looking guy standing next to handsome Lieutenant Dan in the electric wheelchair right below you.
Really? Down in the LE? I had no idea. That is doable.

Last time I was down there a security person tried to get me thrown out because I stopped and moved up against the Edge building to see who was winning homecoming. She kept yelling for us to move, no standing...I told her to shut up for a minute that we'd move after homecoming was announced, but she needed to shut up while it was going on. She went to get her supervisor to kick me out. I waited a few minutes and then moved back to my seat for the second half. If she had come back with a supervisor I would have escalated it to our associate AD.

Btw, it wasn't just me standing there. It was about 20 people she was yelling at.

It's my impression that it can be harmful to a QB's development if he's sent to play before he has acquired some confidence and poise in the system. That is probably more true when the OL is not able to provide the support he needs. There are a lot of mental aspects of playing QB at the college level that can turn into bad habits if they are not ready. I think the coaching staff will be more interested in developing a high ceiling than rushing to put the most talented prospect on the field, though playing in the spring will speed up that process some.
I hope the staff (a) has a plan, and (b) that plan is all about 2021.

Back