+29

I'm not comparing them as coaches. I thought that was obvious. I'm pointing out that these axioms like "Team X should never ___" constantly fail to hold up, even among teams that most would agree have very good coaches. I'm not saying CGC is Saban; I'm saying every team suffers from subpar performances, no matter who the coach is.

You may not have been comparing CGC to Saban; but Tampa was.

I think 80% of CFB is recruiting. Dabo and Saban would not jane won more than the 3 games Collins won this year with our roster, don’t kid yourself.
I’m just really excited we’re getting some SIZE.

You probably wouldn't have thought Bama would struggle for 35 minutes vs. the Citadel either. As much of a tyrant as Saban may be, Alabama came out of the locker room at halftime and fumbled the kickoff.

Yeah, Bama came out in a fog in the second half. :sqint:

Alabama (11-0), which had coasted against SEC opponents, went into halftime tied at 10 with the Bulldogs (4-6). It wasn't until 'Bama scored two touchdowns in a 12-second span on its way to a 27-point third quarter that the Tide could rest easy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tied-half-no-1-alabama-romps-past-citadel-202120075--ncaaf.html

I love when people call the flex one a high school offense and ignore the fact that the current offense is EXACTLY what 90% of high schools are running right now, and most of them are better at it.

We haven't beaten Georgia when we've entered the game with a losing record since 1969. We were 3-6 in Carson's third year and likely saved his job with a 6-0 win in the mud. @DeepSnap should remember it well. Before that you have to go all the way back to 1935 to see a Tech win in these circumstances. Of course, Dodd only had one losing record over 22 seasons so it wasn't really applicable.

You know, I keep hearing from everyone how bad we're going to get beat tomorrow. Guess what? Our players really don't care what everyone thinks and neither do I. Our team is still going to suit up and prepare for battle. You never know what can happen. That's why you play the game. I'm sure South Carolina fans didn't think they had a shot either.

You know, I keep hearing from everyone how bad we're going to get beat tomorrow. Guess what? Our players really don't care what everyone thinks and neither do I. Our team is still going to suit up and prepare for battle. You never know what can happen. That's why you play the game. I'm sure South Carolina fans didn't think they had a shot either.

If we had South Carolina’s DL and LBs, I’d feel better.

We haven't beaten Georgia when we've entered the game with a losing record since 1969. We were 3-6 in Carson's third year and likely saved his job with a 6-0 win in the mud. @DeepSnap should remember it well. Before that you have to go all the way back to 1935 to see a Tech win in these circumstances. Of course, Dodd only had one losing record over 22 seasons so it wasn't really applicable.
So you're telling me there's a chance.jpg

So you're telling me there's a chance.jpg
I was there for that game (with my younger brother), and it was our only win over those bastards during my 6 years as a student at GT. Most beautiful "ugly" game I ever saw.

Definition of Irony: Non-3 option players injuring the öööö outta Georgie players.

Yeah I totally agree - shocked the number is this high - all over this bet....seems like a no brainer
You say that but UGAg is heavily motivated to post a blow out as a Hail Mary to still make the playoffs after a loss to LSU. Anything less today plus an LSU loss most likely freezes them out.

You say that but UGAg is heavily motivated to post a blow out as a Hail Mary to still make the playoffs after a loss to LSU. Anything less today plus an LSU loss most likely freezes them out.
I think an LSU loss eliminates the maggots.

Back