3-3. Improvement.

IM79

Flats Noob
3 RS-Sr’s, a RS-Jr and a rona Frosh (Soph)
Just curious…could someone provide our starting OL grade levels for todays game against Duke (ie: FR, Grad Transfer, etc)
Williams 2nd year recruiting class of 2020
Copper 6th year class of 2016
Minihan 5th yr class of 2017
Johnson 6th yr class of 2016
Cochran 6th yr class of 2016

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Williams 2nd year recruiting class of 2020
Copper 6th year class of 2016
Minihan 5th yr class of 2017
Johnson 6th yr class of 2016
Cochran 6th yr class of 2016
Yeah I guess everyone has an extra year under their belt. Experience is not our issue. Having talented OL is not our issue. Not sure what else is left.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Shouldn’t surprise you. They are designed by the assistant who oversaw the worst offense in college football when left to his own devices as OC in UCF.
I thought I recalled him being an OC before, didn't realize that was what happened. Glad we're on track to promote him to ours.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Of Tech's nine wins in Collins' tenure, this was the first in which the Jackets came from behind to win in the final five minutes of regulation. 3-3 at the break is great!

We need 3 wins the rest of the way after the bye (UVA, VT, Miami, BC, ND, UGA) not sure if Collins can get his first B2B win against Virginia, but if we do we have a great chance at Bowling. Go Jackets.

Last edited:

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Does anyone else notice that the same miserable fonts that loudly rejected the idea that Clemson was a moral victory are even louder in claiming our win as a moral defeat?

If a loss is a loss then a win is a win. Or they are hypocrites. I think I know the answer.
Couldn't have said it better. I like the cut of you're jibe.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Over hyping is a common theme with this staff. Just let their abilities and actual play do the talking.
I don't recall the staff over hyping him. Fans and media, maybe. Vad Lee is a testament to our fanbase over hyping a player. We do need him out there and contributing positively

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Does anyone else notice that the same miserable fonts that loudly rejected the idea that Clemson was a moral victory are even louder in claiming our win as a moral defeat?

If a loss is a loss then a win is a win. Or they are hypocrites. I think I know the answer.
Yes, when you go toe-to-toe against a roster littered with 4 & 5 stars managed by a staff with a proven track record of winning conference and national championships and you come within a play or two of winning on the road, it is cause for optimism. Is this surprising?

Yes, when you barely eke out a win when your talent gap is similarly large & your staff is believed to be superior, it is not cause for optimism. Is this surprising to you or others of you ilk?

I think everyone knows why you posted what you did. I mean when you’re facing one of the elite offenses in P5 football & you come away with a win holding that powerhouse to 27 pts, we should all be wetting our britches about now about our future.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Other than OL run blocking I'm overall happy with the improvement we're showing. The thing that probably griped me more than anything else was Collins working the excuse angle before halftime with the "elite offense in all of College Football" garbage.

The full-tilt brand management to the exclusion of hearing about coaching/the game is irritating after a while. If he wins I'll deal with it.

cyptomcat

Hibernating

I could have seen barely beating NIU as a moral loss, but Duke is a team that actually had our number last decade, which is unfortunate.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We were 22-2 against Duke from 1990 to 2013.

Since then, 3-5.