3-3. Improvement.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
It’s a game better than I thought Tech would be at this point after losing to NIU.

Have a bye week now and then a new start to the 2nd half of the year. They could use the bye and get a nice bump in execution. But I’m still doubting a bowl bid is happening.

If they don’t improve Tech might not get more than 2 more wins.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I think UVA is a very winnable game. For all of our offensive line woes, to not have 50% of your starters up front after Williams goes down, I'll take a conference win on the road. I mean we haven't won in Durham in like 8 years. I'll take a close win over 3 straight losses in Wallace Wade.
It’s winnable but they have a QB that can dice Tech apart if the D can’t pressure him. May be a boat race.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I felt we needed to be 4-2. Northern Illinois kept us from that. I thought we would beat Pitt and lose to UNC. We have six games against a great UGA team, good VirginiaTech, Boston College and Notre Dame teams, and decent UVA and Miami teams. I think 2-4 down the stretch would actually call for pretty decent play. 5-7 would be improvement. Hoping to get to six or more, but it will be difficult.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I felt we needed to be 4-2. Northern Illinois kept us from that. I thought we would beat Pitt and lose to UNC. We have six games against a great UGA team, good VirginiaTech, Boston College and Notre Dame teams, and decent UVA and Miami teams. I think 2-4 down the stretch would actually call for pretty decent play. 5-7 would be improvement. Hoping to get to six or more, but it will be difficult.
They are ACC teams though, anything could happen. Miami in particular seems real vulnerable. BC and ND prolly the toughest nuts to crack. 2-4 with at least one of the 4 being close would be an ok showing.

gnats67

Dodd-Like
Not the most fun game to watch, but ultimately a win is a win. Bye week comes at exactly the right time. Here’s hoping we have a healthy OL and look like a completely different team in a couple of weeks.
I'll take a W however I can get it. And yeah, the bye is a blessing.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
If you post who the starters were, I’ll get the info for you
That sir, is the problem? I dont know who started, so I cant look it up. I assume Kenny Cooper, Cochran, and Williams but….

wishbone

Dodd-Like
Lol Yates IS the red zone flame out qb

Yates = punts and field goals
Sims = touchdowns and turnovers

Pick your poison
After Pitt game and today I would disagree.
Sims is the better QB - but we suck in the red-zone. Is that on Coach?

Last edited:

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
Lol Yates IS the red zone flame out qb

Yates = punts and field goals
Sims = touchdowns and turnovers

Pick your poison
If we can ever field a consistent OL in front of him, I think Sims will be a dangerous weapon. It's a big if, but when he isn't forcing throws he's been excellent.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
If we can ever field a consistent OL in front of him, I think Sims will be a dangerous weapon. It's a big if, but when he isn't forcing throws he's been excellent.
Heavy agreement. There's no running threat at the PoA and that changes everything. OL is getting better at pass pro but they can't drive block worth a fart.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
3 RS-Sr’s, a RS-Jr and a rona Frosh (Soph)
We had only 1 TFL and 1 sack against our OL. Some of it is decent blocking, some of it is Sims' scrambling ability. We still seem incapable of just lining up and running the ball. Our rush plays are poorly designed, poorly executed, poorly blocked.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
We had only 1 TFL and 1 sack against our OL. Some of it is decent blocking, some of it is Sims' scrambling ability. We still seem incapable of just lining up and running the ball. Our rush plays are poorly designed, poorly executed, poorly blocked.
Shouldn’t surprise you. They are designed by the assistant who oversaw the worst offense in college football when left to his own devices as OC in UCF.