3 Keys to beating VT.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
1.) We must have a good 3rd down conversion ratio. We've gotten killed on 3rd downs this season. It seems that when we are in 3rd and 4 or above, we cannot convert. If we are above 50% in 3rd down conversions, we could put up the same offensive performance as last year. This is actually possible.

2.) The LB's have to close on the gaps and stay off blockers. This moreso than the play of the DLine has been the defenses biggest weakness this year. The LB's have to be overly aggressive without getting taken out of the play. I have little hope they can do this based on what I have seen this season.

3.) Our tackles and a-backs have to seal their blocks. This is the crux of our issues on oline and has caused problems with Nesbitt making the right reads.

If we can do these three things well, not great but well.... we can win the game. If not, we're in for a long long night. I think 1 and 3 are possible but still difficult tasks. #2 I just don't see happening.

1 more key. We have to have more points than they do at the end of the game.

We just need to do whatever these guys did ...

[y]FhIG20ZEaBI[/y]

We should probably do whatever southernpigskin.com suggests.

I'll note that the JMU loss came in rainy conditions. According to weather.com, Blacksburg is going to be a wet, muddy mess tonight, which plays to our offensive strengths and forces (perhaps) VPISU to keep it on the ground more than they would like. If Groh can get a feel for the VPISU gameplan early, then he could make the necessary adjustments to fill in those weaknesses BOR has pointed out (#2).

I wonder if the weather will be a factor with the crowd and ruin some of the atmosphere. Nothing better than a quiet homecrowd for the visiting team.

Game Time Weather: 44 with a 30% of rain

The field will be soaked.

VT has given up +20 to the likes of Wake, Central Michigan, East Carolina and JMU. They have a young, inexperienced D-Line. IF our offense can play like we know they CAN, we will own TOP.

C'MON JACKETS!

I'll do it, I'll believe in Paul Johnson. I think we can win tonight.

I don't know how wet conditions help us though. We can't hold on to the ball while it's dry.

1.) We must have a good 3rd down conversion ratio. We've gotten killed on 3rd downs this season. It seems that when we are in 3rd and 4 or above, we cannot convert. If we are above 50% in 3rd down conversions, we could put up the same offensive performance as last year. This is actually possible.

2.) The LB's have to close on the gaps and stay off blockers. This moreso than the play of the DLine has been the defenses biggest weakness this year. The LB's have to be overly aggressive without getting taken out of the play. I have little hope they can do this based on what I have seen this season.

3.) Our tackles and a-backs have to seal their blocks. This is the crux of our issues on oline and has caused problems with Nesbitt making the right reads.

If we can do these three things well, not great but well.... we can win the game. If not, we're in for a long long night. I think 1 and 3 are possible but still difficult tasks. #2 I just don't see happening.

Appropriate numbering for our linebackers. #2

asdlabs-no-pooping.jpg

I'll do it, I'll believe in Paul Johnson. I think we can win tonight.

I don't know how wet conditions help us though. We can't hold on to the ball while it's dry.

It will hurt on the pitch. the a back will have to keep his feet and on pace to get the pitch. In these conditions they will stack the middle.

the last time we had to play in the rain, we ran roughshod all over UGA.

At the risk of being met with absolute scorn ...

Spinach:

Virginia Tech 45, Georgia Tech 24: The Hokies are on a roll -- one of the best teams in college football right now -- and Georgia Tech’s defense won’t be able to stop them. Tyrod Taylor and the boys will go up and down the field enough times to make Al Groh dizzy.

"somebody piss on this ****ing turd"

Spinach:

Virginia Tech 45, Georgia Tech 24: The Hokies are on a roll -- one of the best teams in college football right now -- and Georgia Tech’s defense won’t be able to stop them. Tyrod Taylor and the boys will go up and down the field enough times to make Al Groh dizzy.

Wow... I'm shocked. shocked I tell you.

Spinach:

I think posting anything from Heather "Forehead" Spinach should be a banable offense.

How 'bout they just stop putting the damn ball on the ground? :angryfire:

Back