3 Keys to beating VT.

I haven't heard a single commentator speak of this stat. During VT's 6-game win streak, they have faced teams with a combined record of 20-29.

I am not saying we are going to win on that merit, however, it speaks volumes to their competition.

Ours combine for 32-32

I can't see VT and Tyrod scoring less than 30 points. We don't have the NT to take up more than one blocker and I have a hard time seeing the LB's and the S's tackling Tyrod before the second level, that is if they play the right assignment at all.

I think this could be the first game that the offense could really gel though. Clemson had two D-linemen that will play on Sundays next year and an overall veteran defense which had seen CPJ's offense three times. VT has, well, none of that. I wouldn't exactly be ecstatic if we lose, but I could live with a 45-35* type game and it would bode well for the last three games.

* I'm sure ST would go into big ****ing meltdown mode though. I'll stay clear of the board for awhile after the game.

good post, BOR.
our Oline blocking really needs to be better, and we need our LBs to hit harder, faster and bring them down in the hole, not 15 yards downfield

will our dbacks tackle or just back up?

I like the avatar Highriser. Is that your little sister?

Yes, but she is not running any specials this week. GIMME PIZZA!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH CANT GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD AFTER THAT AVATAR I JUST SAW!!!! :eek5:

Count again .... it's week 10, we've played 8 teams.

Teams we've beat:
SCST: 6-2
UNC: 5-3
WF: 2-6
UVA: 4-4
MTSU: 3-5
20 wins, 20 losses among them.

Teams we've been beaten by:
Kansas (state...): 2-6
NCST: 6-2
Clemson: 4-4

12 wins, 12 losses among them.

The stat you are giving, 32-32, is ALL of our opponents. The stat given above for VT, 20-29 is just for the opponents they've beaten. The ratio is exactly the same, oddly enough, but our wins only combine for a record of 20-20.

Teams we've beat:
SCST: 6-2
UNC: 5-3
WF: 2-6
UVA: 4-4
MTSU: 3-5
20 wins, 20 losses among them.

Teams we've been beaten by:
Kansas (state...): 2-6
NCST: 6-2
Clemson: 4-4

12 wins, 12 losses among them.

The stat you are giving, 32-32, is ALL of our opponents. The stat given above for VT, 20-29 is just for the opponents they've beaten. The ratio is exactly the same, oddly enough, but our wins only combine for a record of 20-20.

:pat: I'm retarted. My bad.

Shouldn't this be bulletpoint #1?

And we need to keep the chop block penalties called on us to under 7. I expect we will convert several 3rd downs that will be nullified by penalty. The gene pool in the Smoky Mountains of Virginny is very, very shallow.

We can't score 24 points on them tonight.

didn't you say we'd go 8-4 last year?

and that this year was the year we'd dominate?

I like our chances of scoring 40+ better now.

Back