3 Keys to beating VT.

At the risk of being met with absolute scorn ...

Spinach:

Virginia Tech 45, Georgia Tech 24: The Hokies are on a roll -- one of the best teams in college football right now -- and Georgia Tech’s defense won’t be able to stop them. Tyrod Taylor and the boys will go up and down the field enough times to make Al Groh dizzy.

"somebody piss on this ****ing turd"

Why is 'one of the best teams in college football' ranked only 22?

I think posting anything from Heather "Forehead" Spinach should be a banable offense.

I'm pretty sure I hold the record for "most ban-able offenses."

I know I shouldn't care, but I am always amazed by how a supposed sports journalist can be such a bandwagon-er and still have a job.

I'm pretty sure I hold the record for "most ban-able offenses."

I know I shouldn't care, but I am always amazed by how a supposed sports journalist can be such a bandwagon-er and still have a job.

Blogging is NOT journalism.

patience with the bread and butter offense - 3 x 4 equal 12 and a first down! keep it moving. there is no law that says we even have to attempt a pass - however i do think CPJ has discovered that the flat pass to the A backs has been wide open when the corners are crashing.

WRONG!!! Your suggestions are all good BUT

The following are the true 3 keys, just as they were last year:

1) False Start on offense
2) Chop block and illlegally crack back block as much as possible
3) Have the refs roll the ball while measuring first downs.

95% of ESPN.com is not journalism. It's mostly drivel and discussions of what someone saw on Twitter.

Game Time Weather: 44 with a 30% of rain

The field will be soaked.
Stop looking at weather to help us.

It's their weather to start with, they are probably used to it.

This is not only their biggest game at Lane Stadium this year, but also the only not-terrible opponent at Lane the whole year. Their crowd should be pretty good regardless of weather.

95% of ESPN.com is not journalism. It's mostly drivel and discussions of what someone saw on Twitter.

No ****. ESPN has become the tabloid coverage for Sports. Its really gotten stupid.

1.) We must have a good 3rd down conversion ratio. We've gotten killed on 3rd downs this season. It seems that when we are in 3rd and 4 or above, we cannot convert. If we are above 50% in 3rd down conversions, we could put up the same offensive performance as last year. This is actually possible.

2.) The LB's have to close on the gaps and stay off blockers. This moreso than the play of the DLine has been the defenses biggest weakness this year. The LB's have to be overly aggressive without getting taken out of the play. I have little hope they can do this based on what I have seen this season.

3.) Our tackles and a-backs have to seal their blocks. This is the crux of our issues on oline and has caused problems with Nesbitt making the right reads.

If we can do these three things well, not great but well.... we can win the game. If not, we're in for a long long night. I think 1 and 3 are possible but still difficult tasks. #2 I just don't see happening.

Another insightful BOR analysis. As an addendum to number 1, put ourselves in position to consistently convert 3rd downs. Our O/L must continually perform at a high level, as addressed by BOR's #3, to minimize the need to heave the ball downfield, perhaps wasting a 1st or 2nd down, to attempt to loosen up the defensive pursuit. We need to consistently avoid >5 yards needed on 3rd down. This s the key to our long sustained marches wear out the Defense's resolve and physical stamina.

Also if cold and/or wet, our backs must enter pitch situations with a "bear hungry meaness" on keeping to ball regardless of when or where Joshua delivers it. They need to hit with a desire to punish anyone who dares to come close. Drag DBs who attempt arm tackles. This was our hallmark the last two years, but has not been as evident this season.

In summary, I hope CPJ has prepared our boys to be at a higher level of focus, intensity, and desire to prevail over this rival. (from my iPhone)

patience with the bread and butter offense - 3 x 4 equal 12 and a first down! keep it moving. there is no law that says we even have to attempt a pass - however i do think CPJ has discovered that the flat pass to the A backs has been wide open when the corners are crashing.

To this point, I think we really need to stop throwing so many long bombs down the sideline unless the receiver clearly has his man beat. None of our receivers can beat his opponent in 1-on-1 jump ball situations. Even if our receiver is open, that's no guarantee that they will catch the ball. It just wastes too many downs per game, imo.

I don't believe that the hokie crazy's will be intimidated by the weather! Hell it's Thursday nite in Blacksburg, not alot going on, plus they can put a death grip on the coastal div. with a win.:eek5:

For what its worth, its a rainy, sloggy mess up here in northern VA. I can't imagine its any better in SW Va.

But since we've had a bit of fumbleitis this year, I'm not sure this presents an advantage to us.

I continue to think we will have to be plus 3 in TO margin to win and even that might not be enough.

You're such a libertarian poster.

policeyp9.jpg

GIS # 1 for "libertarian poster".

This is what you are.

I haven't heard a single commentator speak of this stat. During VT's 6-game win streak, they have faced teams with a combined record of 20-29.

I am not saying we are going to win on that merit, however, it speaks volumes to their competition.

I just hope we're done fumbling. It seems to me that if we fail to improve in any other area, we can win games just by NOT fumbling once a drive.

Back