"51-7".....part 2...we quit on the field

Let someone elsemake the play calls and see how they do.

I'm thinking that the tailgaters of the week, hungriest fan, winners of find the buzz under the fries, etc should all get a shot a making a play call. Couldn't be worse and might make even these crap games interesting.

I'm thinking that the tailgaters of the week, hungriest fan, winners of find the buzz under the fries, etc should all get a shot a making a play call. Couldn't be worse and might make even these crap games interesting.

Tailgaters of the week are usually lame...hungriest fan is always some student in the front row of the student section - which is more reason to buy from Dominoes - I didn't see the beginning of the fries.

I did pick Blue as the winner of the Chevron race so I will do it.

That is public schools, and we're #7 on that same list. They're #63 overall in the US. That is not very good.

We're #36 and when you look at the rankings of our main programs (engineering, CS, etc.) we're Top 10 if not Top 5. The reason we are not higher overall is our limited number of offerings...and there's no reason to see that as a problem.

I suppose it depends on how you define "joke". I was probably a bit harsh (it is U[sic]GA afterall). They are a first tier university to be sure. But they're not a "best in the nation" type school like Georgia Tech. No school with a consistently good football program is.

a) No school in the SEC is highly respected nationwide, they are all seen as football schools by those outside the south. Education in the south in general is looked down upon nationwide.

b) You can have a consistently good football program and have respected academics.

I hate to break the news to you, but folks that I meet do not think of UGA the same way we do. UGA does not have as bad of an academic reputation as Tech fans like to portray.

Well, you list your location as hell.......I'm pretty sure they have an awesome reputation down there.:naughty:

our coach doesnt think he needs to recruit as good, well we miss you dwyer, bebe, morgan burnett, derek morgan, etc....

not sure why i keep hearing this. it's as if people legitimately believe that CPJ doesn't want to recruit good players.

That is public schools, and we're #7 on that same list. They're #63 overall in the US. That is not very good.

We're #36 and when you look at the rankings of our main programs (engineering, CS, etc.) we're Top 10 if not Top 5. The reason we are not higher overall is our limited number of offerings...and there's no reason to see that as a problem.

I suppose it depends on how you define "joke". I was probably a bit harsh (it is U[sic]GA afterall). They are a first tier university to be sure. But they're not a "best in the nation" type school like Georgia Tech. No school with a consistently good football program is.

There was a time when I could point to some consistently good FB programs as also best in the nation. Michigan fit that description for a long time. USC was also in that category, but they were caught cheating pretty badly.

The bottom line is that the current world of college football is incompatible with the mission of a good university. There is a direct relationship between lowering the academic quality of your school and doing better in football. It will never be a level playing field for us unless there is a major change in the billion+ dollar business of "amateur" athletics.

We could move down to D3 (quit), which is much more in line with what college athletics should be. That would kind of suck though. I can't say the program's at the point where I'd rather play D3 than D1.

Our best hope is that the charade of "student athletes" is abolished and football players don't have to go to class anymore. Then we won't have this problem.

That didn't cheapen your degree. They did it to increase its value, which as cypto says (and I said earlier) is as high as it's ever been. You can agree or disagree with doing it, but it was done to increase the value of the degree, which is one of the two primary reasons to go to college (the other being to learn.)

Dumbing down with the main motivation of improving the football program is extremely unlikely to do that.
One way or another, it's easier now than it was. So get me a ----ing football team to watch for gods sake.

I am willing to have my degree tarnished if it helps football.

There, I said it.
I'm certainly willing to have my degree as tarnished as the Homer Rice days, which was not at all.

Get me a ----ing football team to watch.

I've maintained season tickets all through the Chan years, and this is the first time I'm considering not renewing. Our guys are weaker and slower than MTSU.

So what's the insight bor? Why did the players come out like this? What got GT to yesterday?
Twitter ban?
DC who tears down but doesn't build young men up?
Players who see the position change that should be made but isn't?
Faction(s) on team?
School workload ( midterms)?

Johnson didn't know.

He is a football genius who is highly personally motivated, and has a hard time understanding why someone else wouldn't be motivated. He said they tried "several things" in the previous week to motivate the players, but didn't specify what they tried. He said it obviously didn't work.

Motivation clearly isn't a strong suit for our coach.

if you think that football has no ability to tarnish your degree, you should probably stop talking about uga.

The only reason UGA isn't as big of a joke as it should be out of state is because they don't realize how big of a joke it is. UGA is a four year summer camp for drugs and fornication, that teaches nothing, prepares you for nothing, and puts you in contact with other rich UGA grads to get you a job. The only exceptions are their Ag related programs, which honestly are quite good. I would hire a UGA grad in landscape architecture, ecology, forestry, vet science. Nothing else.

But they're not a "best in the nation" type school like Georgia Tech. No school with a consistently good football program is.

I was gonna say Michigan, but ever since the App State incident, they've been going down the tubes.

Back