680 The Fan new flagship of GT football and basketball

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
680 The Fan is the new flagship of GT football and basketball

Just announced on Chuck and Chernoff. Starting this fall.

Personally, I love it. 790 is essentially dead, and it's great to have the biggest sports radio station in the city as our flagship.

Last edited:
Just announced on Chuck and Chernoff. Starting this fall.

Personally, I love it. 790 is essentially dead, and it's great to have the biggest sports radio station in the city as our flagship.

Arent they UGA's flagship station?

Well I do know they are the official flagship station of, "SEC SEC SEC"

Hate to break it to you, but we live in an area dominated by SEC fans. Not surprising they talk about it. But them being our flagship is a good start in hopefully forcing them to talk about us more, as the more they talk about us the more likely people are to tune in.

Hate to break it to you, but we live in an area dominated by SEC fans. Not surprising they talk about it. But them being our flagship is a good start in hopefully forcing them to talk about us more, as the more they talk about us the more likely people are to tune in.

Well you arent breaking anything new, just stating the facts. And because of that, no one will force them to talk about GT.

Better signal quality than 790. They both have Sundowners Syndrome, but 680 less so.

Better signal quality than 790. They both have Sundowners Syndrome, but 680 less so.

The FM repeater is always nice too even though I'm not sure how that works since Tech already had another FM partner.

But them being our flagship is a good start in hopefully forcing them to talk about us more, as the more they talk about us the more likely people are to tune in.

They won't be forced to talk Tech. They will talk about Tech more when we start winning more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time chuckles and his sidekick talk about Tech is to poke fun at Tech or to say CPJ is a hypocrite because of his recruiting policy. So it is a good thing if they don't talk about the Jackets.

The shows, as well as the games, will be simulcast on 680’s FM signal, 93.7.

Any idea at how far the signal for 93.7 extends from the metro area? I live in Monroe so I'm hoping the signal will be as clear as 106.7 was in my area.

Any idea at how far the signal for 93.7 extends from the metro area? I live in Monroe so I'm hoping the signal will be as clear as 106.7 was in my area.

93.7 is weak for FM. I can pick up 680 AM better. The station must be solar powered because when the sun goes down I pick up some station in NC on the 680 dial.

I can in no way imagine, at this time, GT getting a better deal and opportunity than this. The only thing better would have been replacing ugag at WSB and that would not happen.

Great job by MBob.

Some of the reactions here are beyond mind boggling. People really have a short memory.

CPJ has caused most of his own problems with the media and it is entirely up to him to fix it.

As far as I know, these radio stations are in business to hopefully make money. It is up to GT to give them a product that will enable that by covering GT. Those guys want a paycheck and will cover what they have to to make one.

CRIPES, sports is the great American escape. People like winners and watch / support teams as an escape. They like winners and they do not give a rats ass if the QB had a ööööing math class that week, or if the LB is taking chemistry.

If we want GT to get better coverage than we/GT need to beat better teams. What is so hard to understand? For 4 hours on Saturday nobody gives a öööö about APR.

All the whining in the world will not change that.

Crap, read how many people just in this post think ugag has their games broadcast on 680!

790 talked öööö about us the entire time they were our flagship and several of the same douchebags are on this channel now. As usual, I'll only listen to games and coaches show on 680 and 92.9 for anything else. 92.9 is a lot like 790s espn broadcast. I like that better because if it's local its yay ugay and boo tech. Always has been...regardless of the record books

790 talked öööö about us the entire time they were our flagship and several of the same douchebags are on this channel now. As usual, I'll only listen to games and coaches show on 680 and 92.9 for anything else. 92.9 is a lot like 790s espn broadcast. I like that better because if it's local its yay ugay and boo tech. Always has been...regardless of the record books

Disagree.

You think it was yay ugag / boo Tech in 2008? It wasn't

Think it was yay ugag when Cremins had it rockin? It wasn't.

Tech Men are the worst enemy Tech has ever had.

This basketball AD sure doesn't have a clue how to run an Athletic Department, that's for öööö sure.

Back