680 The Fan new flagship of GT football and basketball

I can in no way imagine, at this time, GT getting a better deal and opportunity than this. The only thing better would have been replacing ugag at WSB and that would not happen.

Great job by MBob.

Agreed. I stopped listening to local sports talk back in December when I got Sirius, but this should be a good move.

They should just broadcast a computer generated woman reading sting talk all day. One with big boobs...

They should just broadcast a computer generated woman reading sting talk all day. One with big boobs...

That would be a snoozer. But I am curious what the computer generated woman with big boobs would look like.

That would be a snoozer. But I am curious what the computer generated woman with big boobs would look like.

neon_boobs.jpg

93.7 is weak for FM. I can pick up 680 AM better. The station must be solar powered because when the sun goes down I pick up some station in NC on the 680 dial.

WPTF if I recall correctly... Been able to pick it up in Alabama too...

I personally do not think this 680 experiment will go very well.

Of course it won't, it will end in embarrasment. The Chernoff/Chuck crew hate Paul Johnson, and he hates them. That's not a good recipe for success.

It'll go as expected. We'll complain they don't talk us up. Half the board'll be all like, "It's not their job to promote GT sports, they just broadcast the games/coaches' show".

The other half'll be all, "Well, they are our flagship. Shouldn't they promote their product, blah, blah, blah.."

Chuck-n-Turnoff'll keep condescending. The other shows'll keep being unlistenable.

Half the board'll be all, "See, that's why I only listen to NPR, uh I mean, XM radio." The other half'll be all like, "Man, radio been free for 50 years, I ain't paying for that sh*t."

Then the snobs'll be all, "I stopped listening to sportstalk 6 months ago and blah, blah, blah."

:hsugh:

It'll go as expected. We'll complain they don't talk us up. Half the board'll be all like, "It's not their job to promote GT sports, they just broadcast the games/coaches' show".

The other half'll be all, "Well, they are our flagship. Shouldn't they promote their product, blah, blah, blah.."

Chuck-n-Turnoff'll keep condescending. The other shows'll keep being unlistenable.

Half the board'll be all, "See, that's why I only listen to NPR, uh I mean, XM radio." The other half'll be all like, "Man, radio been free for 50 years, I ain't paying for that sh*t."

Then the snobs'll be all, "I stopped listening to sportstalk 6 months ago and blah, blah, blah."

Sounds about right

Don't forget the vocal minority who think we need to hire a coach that JacknJerkoff will like.

Yea, it does sound about right, but I gotta side with the half that thinks if they're our flagship, they'll try to promote us. Assuming they, like most other radio stations, are in business to make money, it would help them to make money if they sell more advertising, and that will happen if people listen. So I expect 680 management to strongly encourage their on-air personalities to try to build some GT enthusiasm.

The bigger question is not why Tech wanted this deal, but why 680 The Fan wanted it.

Yea, it does sound about right, but I gotta side with the half that thinks if they're our flagship, they'll try to promote us. Assuming they, like most other radio stations, are in business to make money, it would help them to make money if they sell more advertising, and that will happen if people listen. So I expect 680 management to strongly encourage their on-air personalities to try to build some GT enthusiasm.

The bigger question is not why Tech wanted this deal, but why 680 The Fan wanted it.

They will be nice and try to make some money off of it for a couple of years. Later when the numbers (ROI $$) aren't where they want them to be, the fangs and claws will come out just like on 790. Best way to get rid of the client you don't want is to start crapping on them on air. At that point Bobinski or AD D'jour will sever the relationship and move us somewhere where " we are excited to be the radio home of the yellow jackets!!!"

Rinse and repeat

Back