9/14, Saturday Othergames Thread (badger badger badger edition)

This is making me think of this week in 2001. We should have played Florida State on 9/15, but the world ended a few days prior and rather than Tech finally getting over the hump in Tallahassee en route to a guaranteed national championship, instead Florida State got ööööing shellacked 41-9 by another worthless North Carolina team in a meaningless game nobody cares about.

This is making me think of this week in 2001. We should have played Florida State on 9/15, but the world ended a few days prior and rather than Tech finally getting over the hump in Tallahassee en route to a guaranteed national championship, instead Florida State got ööööing shellacked 41-9 by another worthless North Carolina team in a meaningless game nobody cares about.
Even if 9/11 hadn’t happened that year, no one was beating Miami that year. We probably would’ve beat FSU but we weren’t getting to the championship game over Miami and Nebraska.

12-0 to 0-12

Looking at their schedule, it's honestly not inconceivable they could start 0-10. I'd imagine that won't happen, and they'll get it together enough to at least win a couple games before then, but it could end up being one of the worst seasons for a top 10 preseason team ever.

They've managed to embarrass the ACC, which is a very difficult thing to do.

Looking at their schedule, it's honestly not inconceivable they could start 0-10. I'd imagine that won't happen, and they'll get it together enough to at least win a couple games before then, but it could end up being one of the worst seasons for a top 10 preseason team ever.

They've managed to embarrass the ACC, which is a very difficult thing to do.
I looked at it for the same reason last night. I'll say that if Charleston Southern gets ahold of an 0-10 Florida State, the very same Buccaneers currently getting smack by Richmond will play the game of their lives.

Florida state stops Memphis, jumps offside on the punt, Memphis decides to go for it at 4th and 3 and gets it.
Forget a bowl, they may not win a game in the league

This FSU game has featured 2 attempted hurdles that were more just flying knees. And I’m here for it

It's pretty clear by now FSU has already quit on the year. They won't make a bowl.
- The playoff snub killing the competitive drive of their team
- they lose everyone meaningful off a team that was frankly only good with their QB anyways
- they bring in a transfer QB who lives 40 minutes off campus and doesn't hang out with his teammates and makes some questionable public remarks about why
- that same transfer QB wasn't great against ACC competition in the past and then doesn't run routes with receivers outside of practice or organize any of the other "don't call it a practice" activities that are pretty much SOP at every other school

Still, I didn't think they'd be lose to Memphis levels of bad. Norvell has got to bench DJ, NIL consequences be damned.

Back