#9 - OLB Tyson Meiguez

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
While this is true, once other 4* and 5* players start to commit, we will fall dramatically. Right now quantity is the reason for our high ranking.
You had to be that Tech guy

That works for us well. I anticipate two 4*s committing and a guy like Wiggle, King, Height (another expected commit) getting a bump. It’s very seldom you fall as far once you are in there

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
While this is true, once other 4* and 5* players start to commit, we will fall dramatically. Right now quantity is the reason for our high ranking.
What you should care about is our coaches getting their targets early. We're never going to recruit the same wide-open pool as everyone because lots of players can't handle Tech. But when our coaches are loading up early in the process it means they're getting who they want. That's to say nothing of final rankings or the impact to our level of play from having smart players, which I submit is a big part of why we've always outperformed our recruiting rankings and UGA has always underperformed theirs.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
I know nothing about him, but I want Wiggles!

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone give this guy some juice.

The guys who haven't committed to us yet are supposed to be the better (higher rated) players too.
This assumes we aren't going to add 4* players ourselves. I actually think a higher percentage of our recruits will be 4* by NSD than right now.
You had to be that Tech guy

That works for us well. I anticipate two 4*s committing and a guy like Wiggle, King, Height (another expected commit) getting a bump. It’s very seldom you fall as far once you are in there
What you should care about is our coaches getting their targets early. We're never going to recruit the same wide-open pool as everyone because lots of players can't handle Tech. But when our coaches are loading up early in the process it means they're getting who they want. That's to say nothing of final rankings or the impact to our level of play from having smart players, which I submit is a big part of why we've always outperformed our recruiting rankings and UGA has always underperformed theirs.
This definitely got taken the wrong way. Went back and edited my OG message. I'm all aboard the Collins train. I fully expect us to land a few 4* commits/flips and wind up within the top 30. Just stating a fact for now, which I guess served no purpose. I'm with you guys. Sorry for the derail!

GoGATech

Big Dummy

EDIT: This definitely got taken the wrong way. I've got no complaints about our staff! I fully expect to wind up within the top 30 by seasons end. Also expect to land a few Bama flips and other 4* of our own. Just stating a fact for now. All aboard the Collins train.
Something else to look at. There are only 4 teams above us with less than 9 recruits. Three of those have 7 and one has 8. Several teams directly under us have around the same amount. So quantity isn't all there is to it. The very top of the list is top heavy with all having 11+ commits. They could slide also. I think if we keep on the pace we are and can get a nearly full recruiting class, we will easily finish top 20. We'll likely move up if we get some silents committed publicly, but we may have a few pass us later when they start picking up recruits. I say we finish about where we are now.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I knew it would be better but better would have been recruiting classes in the top 40. I genuinely did not expect this and the staff has only been here for three months. If they can coach them up too plus recruit consistently, oh man.
Wait till 2021... when everything has been working a full year.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Also, FWIW, top 15 teams last year averaged 14 4* recruits. Only one of the top 15 teams had less than 10 and that was Ohio St. with 9, so we still have our work cut out for us.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
This assumes we aren't going to add 4* players ourselves. I actually think a higher percentage of our recruits will be 4* by NSD than right now.
As the class gets better, the uncommitted recruits will be drawn to the schools with better classes. That might well end up being Georgia Tech. It is a herd mentality of sorts, players want to play with better players. There is a slight negative impact if you are a WR and the school is loaded with WR talent, but I think that is counteracted by qb's want to play with talent at WR and OL and RB. And vice versa. I mean, look, they are already saying "BMW" !!