#9 - OLB Tyson Meiguez

What is their identity crisis? I mean, the results on the field & departure of athletes is obvious but I'm curious what the root cause is

Kinda thing GSU and Nebraska went thru. I always saw VPI as hard nosed, run the football, lunch pail mentality who played great defense. When Fuente got there, they went to a finesse style offense. VT was teetering on RBU when they beating us with guys like Lee Suggs, Ryan Williams, & David Wilson and so on. I don’t think VPI has had a 100yd rusher in there 4 gm losing streak to us and i see us continuing the streak as long Fuente is there. There soft schedule is padding his stats. Well not, anymore bc Old Dominion is smacking them around now

Also, FWIW, top 15 teams last year averaged 14 4* recruits. Only one of the top 15 teams had less than 10 and that was Ohio St. with 9, so we still have our work cut out for us.
True. But it will be a welcome change not to have a class where we focus on the top half because there are issues with the bottom half.

Just give me a solid class top to bottom with no development projects that never pan out and I'll be happy. I'll take more if we can get it but four consecutive classes of nothing but min 3* talent and we will kill people.

Last edited:
We're still in it with a bunch of studs. Talking 4-star and 5-star guys like:

Myles Murphy (*****)
Javon Baker (****)
Javier Morton (****)
Phillip Webb (****)
Joshua Downs (****)
William Anderson (****)
Ja'Quavious Marks (****)

Based on what I'm reading on other sites I'd be surprised if we don't get at least 2, probably 3.

Getting up there in the rankings should help our case with the 4 star guys, perception-wise.

One or two of our current guys may wind up finishing 4*s. If we get a couple more or add in a 5* and we will have probably the highest rated class in school history.

unclejuice.gif

You had to be that Tech guy

That works for us well. I anticipate two 4*s committing and a guy like Wiggle, King, Height (another expected commit) getting a bump. It’s very seldom you fall as far once you are in there
While I agree I do remember a similar CPJ class where we started off at 20 something and dropped from there.

This assumes we aren't going to add 4* players ourselves. I actually think a higher percentage of our recruits will be 4* by NSD than right now.

I think you're right and we end up in top 20, just my guess. Miles Brooks Dad I think it was, said this GT class will be history making. I'm having more fun watching our "recruitin" than I've had watching the Jackets lately.
Is Meiguez our first Jan '20 school entry out of this class? Anyone know?

Back