A Crucial Three Weeks

Does it matter? Apples and oranges due to systems.
True... I guess one could argue that learning the TO required a redshirt season.... I will say this...I see raw potential in Jeff Sims, better than Reggie Ball...but with the Collins regime...never mind..

That is a good point..... However I am not so sure the losses are on Jeff, he has played pretty well.
We are really going to have a difficult time replacing McGowan. He did have the mistake last weekend, but he's a baller.

True... I guess one could argue that learning the TO required a redshirt season.... I will say this...I see raw potential in Jeff Sims, better than Reggie Ball...but with the Collins regime...never mind..
So you got your little dig in on our QB and staff today. Kudos to you, asshole

We are really going to have a difficult time replacing McGowan. He did have the mistake last weekend, but he's a baller.
Really... In the limited time they have played I have been impressed with Malik Rutherford & Nate McCollum. I know they are younger than McGowan but the talent seems to be there....

I expect the game will slow down considerably for Sims. Paired with Gibbs, we could be a force to be reckoned with
I agree, but I think the biggest issue on Offense is the OLINE..... Shore that up and then we should be GTG... I think the biggest issue at Tech under Collins has been the Defense or lack of....I am actually shocked becuase he is a defensive guy.

I agree, but I think the biggest issue on Offense is the OLINE..... Shore that up and then we should be GTG... I think the biggest issue at Tech under Collins has been the Defense or lack of....I am actually shocked becuase he is a defensive guy.
Had you asked anyone what are expected strength of the team would be, you'd probably have gotten DB's before we knew better. We expected lock down coverage and picks. Obviously, getting QB pressure helps, but we have allowed way too many wide open plays this season where pressure didn't matter.

The long TD pass from Pitt is a good example. The play before, the big TE #7 ran straight down the field unencumbered, but Pickett didn't see him and threw a short pass right. Well, obviously, Pitt's OC saw it, because the next play they put a speedy WR in the slot where #7 was and ran the same exact route for a wide open TD. No coverage. No bumping off the line. Just a dash and pass for an easy TD.

We are well into the season and yet I still expect our DB'S to take the next step.

Back