A Crucial Three Weeks

What stats did JT5 have his second year?
He won 11 games and the Orange Bowl in his Second year...think we finished Ranked #8

His Passing Stats
Attempts 187
Comps 96
Comp % 51.3
Yards 1719
TD 18
INT 6

His Rushing Stats
Attempts 190
Yards 1086
TD 8

Except for the fact that Sims plays in the ACC Coastal and Nix has grown up in the hardest division of the hardest conference and still managed to Win.... Yeah, I guess I'm stupid. (and since you kick your rocks of on recruiting...Nix was the #1 dual threat qb in the nation out of HS. I guess he won there too

But then again it doesn't take much to realize that you're just another keyboard warrior who probably hasn't graduated to wiping his own @$$ and with that, I'm in the wrong for engaging in a back and forth. You take care of yourself JrJacket
Old man, dwag post. You’re a SEC fan. Makes sense now. Your posts are delusional.

Sims has played 4 "full" games thus far.

In 3 of the full Games he's been right at 300yds passing or over and has completed 62% in those Games.

In the 4th game he played roughly a half vs UNC and ran for 128 yds and threw for 112 yds on 77% passing.

Honestly speaking, last Year the way our OLine and WRs looked (not getting separation and mailing it in in the NC State Gm):

Did anyone think Sims would have three 300yd passing Games in the first half of the Season?

Do you CPJ Fanbois not see how huge of a leap forward Sims and CDP have made since last season.

Sims didn't walk into a finished product on the OLine at some place like Clemson or ND, or Penn State ( in fact ask those Programs would they want Sims right now, even with his "mistakes").

You guys just don't realize what we have with Sims at QB,
Jeff Sims is 1-3 as a starter this year we do not even need to talk about the 10 games last year..... I do think he is a talent and is the future on the flats, but there is no way at this point he was better than JT5 like you have claimed... I do think JT5 had a better supporting cast around him, however if we go down this road we get into the CPJ vs CGC ... Not sure we need to go down that road

He won 11 games and the Orange Bowl in his Second year...think we finished Ranked #8

His Passing Stats
Attempts 187
Comps 96
Comp % 51.3
Yards 1719
TD 18
INT 6

His Rushing Stats
Attempts 190
Yards 1086
TD 8
I thought that was his third year. His first year was the Vad Lee year, right? On the other hand my memory isn't very good.

Does it matter? Apples and oranges due to systems.
Pretty much. Justin Thomas was a special player for us and one of our best ever. Pretty high bar.

That said, Sims has the potential. Two different offensive systems. He's getting better protection this season and looks a bit more confident.

The only reason it matters is that option dude compared Sims to him and I wanted to make sure it was apples to apples. Sims in his second year needs to be compared to JT in his second year.
I agree.

Thomas obviously is one of our all time greats and a special get for the program.

I feel the same about Sims. He had the weird Covid year last season. Improvement this season.

I agree.

Thomas obviously is one of our all time greats and a special get for the program.

I feel the same about Sims. He had the weird Covid year last season. Improvement this season.
Yep. Thomas in his second year was backup to Vlad the Impala. His third year he ruled the world.

Sims very well could rule it next year as well.

I thought that was his third year. His first year was the Vad Lee year, right? On the other hand my memory isn't very good.
JT5, was one of the greats on the flats not only did he win the OB in 2014, and the Gator in 2016 he was 2-1 in COFH games! He might be the only GT QB in modern era with a winning record vs the mutts!

2013 - Freshman
2014 - Sophomore
2015 - Junior
2016 - Senior

Yep. Thomas in his second year was backup to Vlad the Impala. His third year he ruled the world.

I expect the game will slow down considerably for Sims. Paired with Gibbs, we could be a force to be reckoned with

JT5, was one of the greats on the flats not only did he win the OB in 2014, and the Gator in 2016 he was 2-1 in COFH games! He might be the only GT QB in modern era with a winning record vs the mutts!

2013 - Freshman
2014 - Sophomore
2015 - Junior
2016 - Senior
He was a RSFR in 2013, right?

2012 - Redshirt
2013 - Redshirt Freshman
2014 - Redshirt Sophomore
2015 - Redshirt Junior
2016 - Redshirt Senior
Fixed.

I really like Jeff Sims, but he’s got a LONG way to go before he’s on JT5’s level. That 2014 offense was arguably the best in CFB that year. We were damn near unstoppable. With even a respectable defense, we’re competing for a national championship that year.

2015 was an injury-ridden nightmare, for sure. But IMO 2016 showed just how important JT5 was, considering how we’ve never looked the same since he left. Hell, he beat the Dwags 2/3 times, and played them tight the 3rd time. We haven’t even had a close game against them since.

So the interesting observation is that before JT5 went on and won the OB, Gator Bowl and finished his College Career with a 2-1 record vs UGA he had not started an games and in 2013 as a Backup he completed nine of 17 passes for 131 yards and 1 TD /2 INT.

Jeff Sims has alot more games under his belt, but looking at the last 15 games he has played and the his 217 of 380 passes for 2970 yards and 22 TD /18 INT. I am not so sure he will lead GT to the OB and Finish with a #8 Ranking in the nation, not becuase of Jeff himself, but there is a lot of holes on the team especially when you look at the lack of progress on the Oline & Defense...IMHO

So the interesting observation is that before JT5 went on and won the OB, Gator Bowl and finished his College Career with a 2-1 record vs UGA he had not started an games and in 2013 as a Backup he completed nine of 17 passes for 131 yards and 1 TD /2 INT.

Jeff Sims has alot more games under his belt, but looking at the last 15 games he has played and the his 217 of 380 passes for 2970 yards and 22 TD /18 INT. I am not so sure he will lead GT to the OB and Finish with a #8 Ranking in the nation, not becuase of Jeff himself, but there is a lot of holes on the team especially when you look at the lack of progress on the Oline & Defense...IMHO
JT had more college football practices and more spring trainings and more of everything but starts. Sims has only had one weird season and one spring camp.

JT had more college football practices and more spring trainings and more of everything but starts. Sims has only had one weird season and one spring camp.
That is a good point..... However I am not so sure the losses are on Jeff, he has played pretty well.

Back