A few (minor) Miami updates

gtbuzz2011

Dodd-Like
Figured I'd start a new thread so we didn't have to resurrect the "nm" thread.

First- Quinlan tweeted several times today that head coach Al Golden had no seat at the table for the discussions of whether or not to self-impose.

Second- In Ken's latest blog, he said that Miami will announce their decision as soon as they become eligible. A win on Saturday would most likely mean a Sunday announcement. He also cited a few NCAA rules experts who agree it would be in their best interest to sit out the bowl season. One even mentioned what Ohio St is dealing with this year may play into the U's decision (had OSU sat out last season, they'd be in the MNC hunt this season).

My thoughts: I feel a lot more confident than I did a few days ago. They'd be wise to sit out if they think they'll have a better team next season, because the way things look now they're in for another beatdown at the hands of the Noles.

But most important, let's just go beat the Dookies on Saturday!!

If they were smart, they would have announce the ban earlier in the season.

It does suck to have your players earn it on the field, then rip it away from them.

But they weren't actually good enough before the season to be sure they'd make it to 6 wins, I guess.

1. IMHO, this entire scenario including our big win last Saturday with huge Offensive production leaves the upcoming Duke game a major "trap" contest. Tech's heritage has, unfortunately, been for all of us (including the team) to start counting those chickens and be unprepared for the task at hand to get to our goal. CPJ, don't let it happen.

2. Can we agree that the UM self-ban announcement will be posted here?

3. nm :rolleyes:

Duke fans are going to have a huge laugh at all the "how can we make the ACC Championship Game" threads on this board if we lose the game. Then again, it's basketball season, so they're probably not paying attention.

the Duke fan is going to have a huge laugh at all the "how can we make the ACC Championship Game" threads on this board if we lose the game. Then again, it's basketball season, so hes probably not paying attention.

ftfy

I simply cannot imagine the players or coaches earning a spot in the ACCCG for the first time - undoubtedly a major goal for them this season - and turning down a rematch against their arch-rival. But if the players/coaches don't have the final say, then whoever does should realize that what they did was an absolute embarrassment and self-banning is undoubtedly the smartest option for both the school and team.

I hope they don't self ban so they fvck themselves in the future

wansn't someone on here saying that if they went to the ACCCG and a bowl, that last years self imposed ban wouldn't count or something?

Duke fans are going to have a huge laugh at all the "how can we make the ACC Championship Game" threads on this board if we lose the game. Then again, it's basketball season, so they're probably not paying attention.

Well it's not as if they aren't discussing it on their boards as well. And honestly, I think the odds of us beating them at home and Miami self-imposing are a lot greater than the odds that they'll beat us on the road and then beat Miami.

Back