A few (minor) Miami updates

screaming.jpg

a) Miami wins Saturday and announces self imposed a bowl ban paving the way for a GT ACCCG run.

Pretty sure I've seen a non-message-board reliable source (Miami Herald, AJC?) say that that is not an option because the ACC would not allow a team that couldn't go to a bowl to play in the ACCCG.

Pretty sure I've seen a non-message-board reliable source (Miami Herald, AJC?) say that that is not an option because the ACC would not allow a team that couldn't go to a bowl to play in the ACCCG.

huh? we're not allowed to go to a bowl?

If they were smart, they would have announce the ban earlier in the season.

+1

It's not like they're undefeated looking at their very first possible National Championship. I seriously wonder after all the NCAA crap they went through...wut da hell day be thinkin'??????

They definitely get some respect from me for realizing a self-ban is the right thing to do.

No respect from me for this guy, though:

It's going to be even better when Duke beats GT this week, then we beat Duke. Then we say - nah, you guys can go to the championship, we're all good.

It's going to be even better when Duke beats GT this week, then we beat Duke. Then we say - nah, you guys can go to the championship, we're all good.

I wouldn't want to get beaten by our rival again either.

I actually thought that comment was kind of funny. Just the mental image of Al Golden being all like "nah you know what guiz GT really deserves it so imma let them have the ACCCG."

I actually thought that comment was kind of funny. Just the mental image of Al Golden being all like "nah you know what guiz GT really deserves it so imma let them have the ACCCG."

It would be Duke or Virginia Tech going in that scenario, not us.

Why would he go to UK? Seems like he could do better.

Tennessee, UK, Boston College, Auburn, and Arkansas will be looking for coaches this off-season.

Not only those, but so could Cal and Texas. Nor is it too difficult to imagine some coaches at top programs making a jump to the pros.

Miami is a program with poor facilities, no chance at an on-campus stadium, and an administration that is becoming more similar to GT's than the one that allowed Miami to get into the mess it is in. So I can see som e reason for UK, or similar programs, but not this year for Golden.

Golden would be a good fit at Tennessee or Auburn---or any of the jobs that might open up if Texas or some other powerhouse finds itself poaching a good coach from a solid school. Dan Mullen has to be ready to make a nice jump soon.

Just an example, that is all.

I don't know if tenn, aubie would consider him an upgrade. For sure not UT.

But I don't know or really care.

Like I say, just an example of what if.

Back