A few (minor) Miami updates

It seems unlikely Miami would declare they were going to play in the postseason immediately after becoming eligible but before winning the Coastal. They would risk a postseason ban down the road when they might only get a crummy 6-6 team's bowl. So this seems like a good sign.

On the other hand, their lawyers might have discussed things with the NCAA and found out they do not need to self-impose because no NCAA-imposed postseason bans are on the way.

if we win on saturday and find out we're going to charlotte on sunday, it'll be meaningless. I'd rather we beat Duke on Sat and Miami loses to them the following week. I don't want Miami's hand me down due to anything NCAA related, because then we might as well accept that 2009 championship never happened.

Having said that, who wants to go on a road trip up to Charlotte with me for Dec 1? I'm buying the tix on Sunday. :biggrin:

Most definitely going to Charlotte for the ACCCG, if we make it. I will buy tickets if we win. I think Duke beating Miami is very possible either way, but the added suspiscion of a self-ban makes it that much easier to get them.

I don't see Miami self banning if they have shot at the acccg, especially against fsu.

If Tech loses to Duke on Saturday, the ACC might make Miami play on, just to avoid the embarrassment of a FSU-Duke rematch in the ACCCG.

So, if we beat Duke, but they have < 6 penalties and Laskey gets > 100 yards and Vad has more personal yards running vs. passing even though Tevin played for the 1st 2 series and da U suspends cheating for the next two years,

Do we then go to the ACCCG with (Fill in sponsor) Orange Bowl on the line?

worst case scenario:

a) Miami wins Saturday and announces self imposed a bowl ban paving the way for a GT ACCCG run.

b) We lose to Duke killing a GT ACCCG run.

worst case scenario:

a) Miami wins Saturday and announces self imposed a bowl ban paving the way for a GT ACCCG run.

this is exactly what will happen.. its already written on the ACC wheel of suck...

AND c) Miami beats Duke

if we win on saturday and find out we're going to charlotte on sunday, it'll be meaningless. I'd rather we beat Duke on Sat and Miami loses to them the following week. I don't want Miami's hand me down due to anything NCAA related, because then we might as well accept that 2009 championship never happened.

If we go to the ACCCG because Miami self imposes a postseason ban, it's not at all charity. We'll deserve to go. The game was so close that it is safe to say we wouldn't have lost to Miami if they hadn't cheated to recruit good players.

If we go to the ACCCG because Miami self imposes a postseason ban, it's not at all charity. We'll deserve to go. The game was so close that it is safe to say we wouldn't have lost to Miami if they hadn't cheated to recruit good players.

If we go ahead of VT, then we deserve to go more that VT, and that's all that matters. F those guys.

If we go ahead of VT, then we deserve to go more that VT, and that's all that matters. F those guys.

But then the long-standing tradition of the winner of the GT/VT game going to the ACCCG ends. We can't have that!

worst case scenario:

NNNoooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo

TGohw.gif

If you play this scenario out, we exit the ugay game probably 6-6 going into the ACCCG against FSU. Vegas odds are (but, hopefully not) that we'll be 6-7 after that game heading into a higher than "record expected" ACC contracted bowl game (because of UNC and UM's "no post-season" status).

We'll have to listen to an entire bowl season complaining about a losing record going to a mid-tier bowl.

I'll take it - just preparing for the added fuel from the detractors.

If true, I think it is smart of UM to isolate Golden from the discussion because of the ncaa's jaundice eyesite.

If things play out a certain way, I wonder if Golden might become a candidate at, say, UK.

Beat puke & ugag. That is all we can control. Anything after that does not matter.

If true, I think it is smart of UM to isolate Golden from the discussion because of the ncaa's jaundice eyesite.

If things play out a certain way, I wonder if Golden might become a candidate at, say, UK.

Beat puke & ugag. That is all we can control. Anything after that does not matter.

Why would he go to UK? Seems like he could do better.

Tennessee, UK, Boston College, Auburn, and Arkansas will be looking for coaches this off-season.

Not only those, but so could Cal and Texas. Nor is it too difficult to imagine some coaches at top programs making a jump to the pros.

Miami is a program with poor facilities, no chance at an on-campus stadium, and an administration that is becoming more similar to GT's than the one that allowed Miami to get into the mess it is in. So I can see som e reason for UK, or similar programs, but not this year for Golden.

Golden would be a good fit at Tennessee or Auburn---or any of the jobs that might open up if Texas or some other powerhouse finds itself poaching a good coach from a solid school. Dan Mullen has to be ready to make a nice jump soon.

1. IMHO, this entire scenario including our big win last Saturday with huge Offensive production leaves the upcoming Duke game a major "trap" contest. Tech's heritage has, unfortunately, been for all of us (including the team) to start counting those chickens and be unprepared for the task at hand to get to our goal. CPJ, don't let it happen.

2. Can we agree that the UM self-ban announcement will be posted here?

3. nm :rolleyes:

This. I think I have PTSD from all the times GT athletics has been unable to handle success. :frown:

Back