A Word For chan...

Ahso.
I admire your approach in many ways but you keep bringing up how good CG did his first year compared to GOL.A BIG part of that success was due to the players that GOL brought in which was directly related to record he achieved.
Go back and check the record of Tech just prior to GOL taking over.- 3 straight losing seasons (including the takeover season)with a total of 11-19.
We can only assume that Lewis wasn't recruiting either so GOL had to start his tenure with weak recruits probably..CG had the luxury of having a fairly full cupboard of talent.An obvious example was Hollings ,a non-used db who became a TB that was leading the nation.Now that is depth!
I hope CG does well but he certainly under- achieved with the talent he had and for the money we were paying him -imho.

AlaGold, you left out an important part of the equation. O'Leary's program bombed from a preseason top ten team to a 7-5 team. The wheels came off and he quit.

Not only that, CG had to overcome an inept offensive coordinator and quarterback coach left him by O'Leary.

In essence, Gailey had to stem the tide with an inept OC and disgruntled players left by the other coach.

Also, you don't really know if the players under Lewis were bad athletes. It is possible they were good athletes, but refused to play for Lewis.

I can show you some telling figures when I find them that will prove conclusively that all the winning years (4) were all due to Ralph's offense and not O'Leary's coaching.

I had the figures at one time, but need to find them again. Someone gave me the web site for Debards Stats of all teams, but I do not have the web site and am unable to find it. If you have it please show it in a subpost.

For anyone that has access to past GT records of yardages in every game, you can easily see how Ralph's arrival overshadowed a poor defense. The stats are very telling from about 1994-2001.

The fact is the defenses of O'Leary was losing the games until Ralph came on board. After Ralph came to Tech, the defenses continued to give up the same amount of points and total yardage prior to his arrival. The only difference was Ralph's offense was so high octane, it overcame the deficiencies of the defense.

As soon as Ralph left, O'Leary's poor defense again showed an ineptness, because the offense was no longer high profile and able to overcome the deficiencies of the defense.

See, things are not always as they seem. You have to look at both sides of the issue. I bring up only one side, because the board is already inundated with the other side of the issue.

I could be fair and bring up both sides, but the other side already has more publicity on the board than the side I have shown.

wink.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
BeeBad, I wish there was an age noted for each person under his profile when it was accessed.

It would make it easier to respond to each post. For instance, I would treat teenagers and college students different than I would more mature people.

Some posts sound like they come from my grandson. He says such dumb things and does not know any better. In cases like this, I would just shake my head, roll my eyes, give him a hug, and ignore his remarks.

Well, I might not ignore his remarks, but I would not be so harsh.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. sage advice which I will utilize immediately.. rolling eyes, ignoring his remark & giving belly a hug.. \
smile.gif
/

lol! just remember my words...whether they be emotional or analytical.

Believe me, I want to be proved wrong by Gailey, but its not going to happen...and unfortuately, I'll be saying I told you so. However, that will do none of us or our program any good.

So, for now, you have your opinion of Gailey and the direction of our program. I have mine and whether you choose to admit or not...I think that you are outnumbered.

There is a core of true TECH fans on this board.
ROLL CALL! We don't have to have it spelled out for us.

Back