About that Protracted Chorus of Boos

AtlantaVarsity

Varsity Lurker
The announcers never elaborated on why the crowd continued booing after the holding penalty against GT called back a TD. Didn't the boos reflect a lame call by the officials? Was that holding penalty, which reversed a TD, not worthy of a second viewing by the TV audience? Maybe I missed something here. Can anyone add insight?

The announcers never elaborated on why the crowd continued booing after the holding penalty against GT called back a TD. Didn't the boos reflect a lame call by the officials? Was that holding penalty, which reversed a TD, not worthy of a second viewing by the TV audience? Maybe I missed something here. Can anyone add insight?

Very common occurrence, especially in hockey.

If a penalty is called, every bad things after that is because of said penalty hence: BOOOOO!

The holding call was not a bad call.

However, Wake's Right OT could not match up with Morgan, so once Morgan was by him, he would either tackle or shove Morgan from behind. Happened many, many times. Wake was called for holding ZERO times.

The calls against GT were not necessarily bad calls. However, the calls that were NOT made against WF showed a clear bias.

You will get at least one of those games a year in the ACC when playing a NC or Va team. Last year, we lost to UVa in a ridiculously officiated game. We were lucky to win one today.

Y'all can be ACC fans all you want. I hate this conference, for exactly this reason. South Carolina left the ACC because of biased officiating. We took their place.

Last edited:
The fans couldn't really see the holding play, but we know that it ruined a great play. And we're fueled by booze.

So we boo.

However, Wake's Right OT could not match up with Morgan, so once Morgan was by him, he would either tackle or shove Morgan from behind. Happened many, many times. Wake was called for holding ZERO times.

The calls against GT were not necessarily bad calls. However, the calls that were NOT made against WF showed a clear bias.

You will get at least one of those games a year in the ACC when playing a NC or Va team. Last year, we lost to UVa in a ridiculously officiated game. We were lucky to win one today.

Y'all can be ACC fans all you want. I hate this conference, for exactly this reason. South Carolina left the ACC because of biased officiating. We took their place.

Ok so how do we get the officals better in this conf? and is the SEC not awful officiating?

How can you say that? It was a horrible call. Bebe was driving him to the sideline and he spun around and fell down. I thought they had called a block in the back at first, and was livid.

How can you say that? It was a horrible call. Bebe was driving him to the sideline and he spun around and fell down. I thought they had called a block in the back at first, and was livid.

You may already know this, but jacketup is one of the dumbest people on the planet. Just ignore him.

2 out of the 3 chop-block penalties were horseshit. I didn't see the other one on replay, but I'm sure it was just as bad.

Yeah, that makes sense. I bet Swofford is sitting there saying, "Okay, boys, we have exactly one team left that might have some national prestige. I think it would be fun to deliberately have them lose to a crappy team so NO ACC teams are in the national media! Yeah!!!"

2 out of the 3 chop-block penalties were horseshit. I didn't see the other one on replay, but I'm sure it was just as bad.

The thing that really, really got me was the hesitation on the grounding call. He wasn't going to toss the flag until the fans just went ballistic. Then he slowly reached in and pulled out his hanky. It was as clear a case of grounding as I've ever seen - and he was undecided? Please.

I don't say this much, as I believe that refs mistakes are part of the game just like players and coach mistakes, but those guys had an agenda.

I just took it to be "BOO" We're not happy and we're going to boo..

Have to agree with you on the lack of holding against WF. I realize that they are a 3 step drop and get rid of the ball passing attack, but to not have a single holding penalty was unreal. No way in this world the couple of times Skinner scrambled that holding didn't take place.

The new "Beamer ball effect" definitiely had an affect on the officials in the game today. At least WF was finally flagged for a personal foul in the 4th quarter that couldn't be overlooked.

I watched this one on the tube - and all those boos sounded GREAT. It just seemed like the refs had taken over the game, and our fans were letting them know that we didn't like it. I'm proud of y'all!

After watching the entire game over on TiVo, I think there was incompetence all around, but there was no apparent agenda.

I watched this one on the tube - and all those boos sounded GREAT. It just seemed like the refs had taken over the game, and our fans were letting them know that we didn't like it. I'm proud of y'all!

My TiVo viewing also confirms this. The boos were very audible

That's what I took it as too. Just let the refs know that horse crap isn't going unnoticed.

Sorry stinger, but he had a hand full of jersey and when the guy tried to move to his left to make a play, Bebe held on. Clear holding and easy call by the ref. If Hill had cut inside he would have been fine, but when the guy turned away from him it was obvious.

No, they all involved Bedford. I don't know if he was having trouble with his footing, didin't expect help or the guard wasn't supposed to engage, but he was low on all 3.

Back